"I'm way too awesome to be popular skskslol"

The whole thing with every indie-type artist or any artist that's doing unique shit being mad about not getting appreciated, or worse, when they complain like "Our shit is too good for people to get". who the fuck are you anyway.

music is some sort of communication. sometimes you like your shit and others don't, sometimes it's otherwise, and sometimes it's both (it could be neither but you'd have to be way too monkey). just because you and your cult like that shit you keep making it doesn't mean it's Too good for everyone to get. it means you don't know how to communicate. your elvish haiku is cool and all but yk, we still talk English here, adapt. and don't do that iron keys logic where if it's not 100 just fucking ehhhhhhhh make it 0 like "oH sHoUlD I j Ust MaKe T Y P E B E A T S LiKe EveRYoNe eLsE d- No, that's not how it works, sweet 5 yo of mine. keep your taste, and keep trying and honing it until other people start getting what you're going for. try stuff, make new shit, experiment, go outside your comfort zone, visit other cults, make fucking edm, have fun! if your shit doesn't communicate with the majority then something can always be improved. maybe the mix quality, maybe the approach to the mixing, maybe you complicate it too much or make it too specific, idk, could be anything. if ur stuck take a break or try new things for no reason. you don't even have to release it, not everyone has to be Kanye. making new shit just level-ups your ears that's all.

either way the challenge is to serve the human race while always doing your own shit because fuck the human race, you don't wanna make something you don't even like to hear for them. your music will sound dull if you don't fuck with it anyway.

or if you're happy with what you have already, so be it. stop acting like you and your hairy smelly boom bap cult or your 3 methhead friends from under the bridge screaming random noises over a drummer trying to impersonate a helicopter from the medieval era callin it "afterlife metal" are any better than everyone else. take a shower. go outside. get some bitches.

Last edited:
The only thing you're allowed to complain about is marketing and that's not even that huge of a problem if ur smart enough with it. ever since distribution labels gave their place to distrokid which is like 5$ a year or something you can just advertise your own shit. gear could also be a problem, but not really if you have a job and live in any country that's not a desert.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Okay, Boomer.

Excuse Me Wtf GIF by Kehlani

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@Armani I've been saying this for a while now. Type beats are ok only if you're just trying to make money, otherwise I don't see the point. I've always been about just making whatever you're comfortable with, in a creative way.

Every time you make a beat you have a blank canvas, like a painter. So why would you choose to make what everyone else is making?

Just make music and don't worry about what others are doing.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
@Armani I've been saying this for a while now. Type beats are ok only if you're just trying to make money, otherwise I don't see the point. I've always been about just making whatever you're comfortable with, in a creative way.

Every time you make a beat you have a blank canvas, like a painter. So why would you choose to make what everyone else is making?

Just make music and don't worry about what others are doing.
But I want a Picasso type painting and then I'll take a Mona Lisa type painting for my next collection...It's not original but who cares?..

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
You @Armani get it. Everyone is in such a race to please invisible algorithms that they are forgetting and forget that music is

message + sender + receiver = communication

The message doesn’t have to be deep nor ignorant but it has to be something honest and real not contrived in order to be accepted by the used to be masses or asses as we all know it is said that most people are of average intelligence (when you add dumb to the latter word).

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Re: the majority @Armani people should focus on the potential minority that can relate to what’s being created as we are in a niche audience culture nowadays.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
Like for real, no front, who ya ll think we are? Ya ll shit on artists that put more work into shit than any of us ever will.

WHO THE FUCK CARES?

Produce shit to attack that problem or get poor and die cryin. :ROFLMAO:

Mimimimi xyz is doin that, BitchPenetrat000rXxX3000 said this..

Lets make something happen to wipe all Da Babies or just stop being a salty ass muhfucka wasting energy on shit.

GEAH.

But I want a Picasso type painting and then I'll take a Mona Lisa type painting for my next collection...It's not original but who cares?..
lol I thought u were joking for a sec but that's actually an awesome approach to it. in my theory, problem is you can't ever be like picasso or davinci if you keep making unoriginal greatness. eventually you'd have to put the addictive habit down to unlock ur full potential.

also you never will Fully put them down, but that's okay. I'd say that's when each of them subconsciously have like 5% contribution to your shit and that's when you're Really standing on the shoulders of giants. so in a way, that's the perfect approach for practice, yet you'll just feel it when there's too much of it and you'll have to slowly let the guilty pleasure go. I think it'd happen naturally anyway if you don't fight it.

but again that's just the opinion of my dumb ass.

Fury Beats

Fury Beats
Battle Points: 241
lol I thought u were joking for a sec but that's actually an awesome approach to it. in my theory, problem is you can't ever be like picasso or davinci if you keep making unoriginal greatness. eventually you'd have to put the addictive habit down to unlock ur full potential.

also you never will Fully put them down, but that's okay. I'd say that's when each of them subconsciously have like 5% contribution to your shit and that's when you're Really standing on the shoulders of giants. so in a way, that's the perfect approach for practice, yet you'll just feel it when there's too much of it and you'll have to slowly let the guilty pleasure go. I think it'd happen naturally anyway if you don't fight it.

but again that's just the opinion of my dumb ass.
Haha, I was being sarcastic but in honesty, that is what it amounts too. People want replica sounds and as you say, it amounts to a type of unoriginal greatness (or failure if you miss the mark). I believe type beats are more for sales and it is also a reference point for the type of sound that an artist is going for. Same approach works in web design. When you have a designer layout your new site, they typically want a reference site or two. Either wireframes or an existing site to mimic. It usually cuts down on too much back-and-forth and gives the designer something to aspire to if not a starting point to tweak some more or customize.

Your message seems confused.

Sometimes you overcomplicate your thinking too much ;)
Lmao I'm pretty sure if literally anyone but me has wrote that you'dn't've said that, and I appreciate u for that. but ya that's the Armani stereotype that's just stuck to me so, what to do. it be what it be.
First you're raging at people doing their own thing, then going oh you should make your own thing
yep that's pretty much what I did. stfu and Keep doing your own thing. nothing wrong with the message?

Last edited:

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
Lmao I'm pretty sure if literally anyone but me has wrote that you'dn't've said that, and I appreciate u for that. but ya that's the Armani stereotype that's just stuck to me so, what to do. it be what it be.

yep that's pretty much what I did. stfu and Keep doing your own thing. nothing wrong with the message?

I've read this but too burnt out to actually know what I just read... so I'm just no FUCK YOU.

Dunno if it's relevant but it feels fun, and we all about that spicy fun

I've read this but too burnt out to actually know what I just read... so I'm just no FUCK YOU.

Dunno if it's relevant but it feels fun, and we all about that spicy fun
I feel like this the moment when I'm too burnt out to understand wtf ur talking about...

members online