important question?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i need help with making my drums bang! i use fruity loops 4 and i use use the fruity compressor to add on my drums. is there any other techniques for making drums bang in fL? keep in mind i'm new to beat making so if you could explain barney style i'd apperchiate that. should i turn the drum up or use more velocity i don't know. someone told me to layer drums but i don't know what they mean or how to do it. just need some tips i would understand? thanks-thatkid

also what is quantize and how do you turn it off in fL?

Sin:Aesthetic

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
why would you be using the compressor to make drums bang? by very definition the compressor cannot do this...the compressor will actually soften your drums, but will let you turn their volume up a bit so they appear stronger...but you should only ever subtley use a compressor, so much so that when you compress you cant hear an audible difference, and then turn the volume of the instrument up to just below clip level again

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Ye ajust layer ur ssounds like use wo diff kicks layered then fuck with volumes... probally layer ur snares too....