Improvements

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
A short introduction to my thread..
Lately i have improved almost every aspect of my beatmaking, this didnt make me happy at all cause the further i get the more i need to improve, with improvement of skill i have noticed my improving critique on my own production territory. My ears have improved and my taste, although from my point of view. I think one will never be happy, but an occasional smile fits the face when another dope beat rolls out.
Considering the facts i set some goals for myself which i was capable of achieving i should be considered a being that is in consistency with live.

The goals i set were to much improve my basslines and bass sounds in my beats.
Also i wasnt totally happy about my drums which i also improved lately.
I did both in the last couple of months.

Ofcourse the goalsetting never stops and i am already trying to get beyond the goals i set.

The point of this thread..
What did you improve lately?
Or what are you setting goal to improve?

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
ive improved my sample choices lately. i used to dig and just look for sections where i could chop and rearrange. now i have a better ear on what i need to listen to and how i can utilize that section a lot better. it definitely shows in my recent beats. i have also worked on perfecting my bass lines to how i want it. its been rough because sometimes i make a beat and burn it on cd and when i get to my car the bass line is just not right. but that makes me work harder on it though. i think i just need better monitors. Any suggestions???

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I've improved my drums I think, although I've got some problems to find new useable drumsamples.

Basslines have always been the most annoyin' part for me, while makin' beats so I guess I have to improve that section.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
I just try to improve everything as i go along if i try to improve just one aspect then that leaves other aspects sounding weak so i just try my best with every part ! Aslong as i know where i am now and where i need to be and that i am workign towards it im happy !

nasir jones

The Perfectionist!!
ill o.g.
I've improved my hi-hats...

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Ive improved my drum sequences, and my EQing.

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
I think my next step wil be trying to put more warmth in my melodies and giving the mixdown more a complete feel to it, the way it sounds.

members online