Improving the sound of vinyl

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Does anyone know of a software i can buy for my computer that will improve the sound of bad vinyl that i have. Meaning if there is bad static on the the record and i stillg want to use the sample can i make the sound quality better or eliminate most of it. I've tried messing around with the hi, mid, lows on my mixer and that helps a little but when i am done the sample doesnt sound as clean. Any help would be nice!
Good looking..........

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
Yes cleaning the vinyl does make a big difference. If you have Audition they have a range of different tools to clean up dirty vinyl. Look into audition, I've never had a bad vinyl case it couldnt clean up (not to 100 100% perfection, but pretty damn close).

Theres click/pop elimination which is really usefull when u get a huge click that clips in the wave form. You can select just the pop and one of the tools will take that out. The other one is making a selection of hiss/background noise and it creates a profile of it. then you apply it to your sample and it takes out only the frequencies of that noise/background noise you recorded earlier. Takes some messing around with but over all this is what you're looking for.

Peace

GRAFIK

Vinyl Addict
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Good lookin......thanks for the help! I'll try that. I do have vinyl cleaner and i usually clean every record before i'm about to record it into my computer, but i got some records at the salvation army for like 50 cents and they are pretty bad shape, i might just have to call them a loss even though they have some nice samples i can use. THANKS

5th Sequence

Hip Hop Head, Certified
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 198
try audition, it sounds like your best bet. I personally love the dusty crackles as long as it's not clipping anything. Plus the hiss is usually filtered out automatically when I filter the whole sample. I usually find that after cleaning a sample it's almost too boring or regular and I'll end up adding that vinyl crackle to it anyways. Just something about hearing the crackle that makes it authentic ito me

Hypnotist

Ear Manipulator
ill o.g.
Another way to fix the pops in vinyl after you record is to redraw the waveform using the pencil tool in Pro Tools. This requires a little patience, but where you see spikes of audio that don't belong there, then you can take out the big pops without messing up your audio quality. Some de-cracklers and de-poppers take some quality out of your vinyl sound.

DaFuture

ill o.g.
use your record program and mix/eq the sample(vinyl) and use the hiss reduction-crackle reduction or what ever its called in your program and CLEAN your vinyl and needle