in the market for new pc..recommendations?

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Peace yall,

the time is vastly approaching that i'll need to cop a new PC. a grand will be my spending limit. as much as i would like for it be a standalone music production pc, it will be an all purpose pc (i'm also tryin to learn some graphic..just as a hobby..nothin major.) so far in my shopping i'm seeing alot of specs that seem to conflict with the price (the more expensive unit has a smaller hard drive than a cheaper unit..etc..etc) and it's this reason that has me on freeze as to which pc to aim for (dell, systemax..fuck gateway.) any recommendations would be appreciated. peace.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
get a mac. LOL What will your main graphics program be, Photoshop? Sometimes a more expensive pc means better parts, you need a nice mainboard that is stable. I love intel manufactured boards for this reason, they are tanks. Not just a intel chipset but and actually intel manufactured boards. Dell seems to really suck these days. Anyway, make sure you get a tons of ram . Also remember that the core duo intel chips are the fastest chips even though the clock speed is slower. Check out this system. http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...-details.asp?EdpNo=2568880&Sku=SYXS-DB-989430

for real think about a mac, I made the switch and I never looked back.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I dont know what program you are worried about, I dont really miss anything, I have photoshop, illustrator, Reason, Abelton, Logic Pro, Pro tools.
word. is there a mac out there for under a grand tho? i'm considering a used pc which i'm there's some used mac for a G. but brand new? (do i sound like someone who's not too familiar with macs..lol) Peace.