independent or record deal

independent or record deal

• Total voters
E

Equality 7-2521

i dont give a shit really as long as i retain complete creative control and get my fair share.

but yo putting shit out independently would be the dopest.

O

ola

indie so i have a little more creative control because my beats are from my soul and they are how i express my self.....basically they are feelings put into a creative manner and if someone tries to change them then for them "death is certain"............

brooklynstyle

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
aint nobody gonna sign our ass as a producer. They may contract u to produce for them exclusively but this is not like u getting signed. Do u man, look at all these cats - kanye, blaze, dre, 9th, etc. all of them got their own production companies. U get other cats make beats, sell their beats for them and stash 10% for doing nothing. U happy and your producer happy. thats it baby, plain and simple. Sling a beat to a major label for $15,000 and u just got paid $1,500 for talking slick and pushing hard. Thats why i'm pushing my beats but i got other cats' beats and push them too.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Guevara said:
Independent Deal, Major Label Exposure/connections.
Actually in my opinion this is the only way to go.
What I am trying to do is keep the whole company independent while doing a joint venture with a major.
Try that, that way we retain creative control while recieving the benefits of a major deal.
However I believe we may have to sacrifice some publishing.
Never done this before so we'll see how it goes,blessed, I pray.

B

Burna

Relic said:
Actually in my opinion this is the only way to go.
What I am trying to do is keep the whole company independent while doing a joint venture with a major.
Try that, that way we retain creative control while recieving the benefits of a major deal.
However I believe we may have to sacrifice some publishing.
Never done this before so we'll see how it goes,blessed, I pray.

Hmm.. that actually sounds like a nice idea. we shall see, we shall see. lol..

m.s

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
ill do anything as long as my named gets exposed,,with the money u can get a deal then go independent,, i just feel a named needs to be exposed.. as a producer especially so u can be one of those that an mcee can say let me holla at this cat cause i know he got some hot shit..

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i would have to say, to go either is to say u just wanna get ur foot in the door... which is a GOOD thing, producer wise. Emcee wise, u might wanna go indie just so u can have more freedom to write about wtf u want to... which the Mainstream artists lack mostly... just listen to the songs we listen to. guns, money, and lust. wheres the edutainment?

da relic

Mindstate

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Start independent, and when you can make money on your own, take advantage of your upper hand to negotiate a good deal with a major.