Industrial Hip Hop - Death Grips, Ho99o9, Dalek, Allflaws

Beatzzz

ILLIEN
Hey anybody into industrial Hip Hop?

I do like the raw, grimey and dark production on the beats. It's a sub genre of hip hop which seems to stay
very much on underground.
Currently ive been checking out US artists like Death Grips, Ho99o9, Dalek, EL-P
And British artists like Scarlxrd, Bob Vylan, Allflaws

Please post any links and videos. I will post some too.

Thanks

Beatzzz

ILLIEN
Hey anybody into industrial Hip Hop?

I do like the raw, grimey and dark production on the beats. It's a sub genre of hip hop which seems to stay
very much on underground.
Currently ive been checking out US artists like Death Grips, Ho99o9, Dalek, EL-P
And British artists like Scarlxrd, Bob Vylan, Allflaws

Please post any links and videos. I will post some too.

Thanks
Just found this. Love the production.

Beatzzz

ILLIEN
Its mai
@Beatzzz Never heard of that genre. What's the main thing that makes it "industrial"?
Mainly the production that makes it industrial. The beats are normally distorted, dark and heavy. Kanye West took of influence from industrial Hip Hop on his album Yeezus. Public Enemy also had a lot of industrial in their early records.

Beatzzz

ILLIEN
and before it all there was industrial music as an offshoot of the new wave scene.
I'm not sure to be honest. I think Industrial music really started in the 80s after punk with experimental groups like Throbbing Gristle. Then in the 90s loads of bands played with that sound and put it more into song structures. Hip Hop acts adopted it in the 90s until more recently when even commercial acts like Kanye West used that industrial production on his album Yeezus.