Insane creators block

T

TheMost

I feel like i wont ever do a beat again.
I look at my gear and or old beats and wonder how the hell did i do that.

i did maybe 3 good beats im proud of in the last 3-4 months thats all.

People are asking me for beats to put on mixtapes and such and thats cool but im running out of material since im not producing anything.

Seems like everything i try wether it be sample or just making a beat from scratch nothing is coming out right.

fuuuuuuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MGTheFuture

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
download some new drums

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
Everybody goes through it. When it happens to me, I usually just listen to a lot of music. Listen to stuff that you're feeling, whether it is new stuff or old. Something will eventually spark that creativity again. I also do shit like create new drum kits, new sounds, just learn as much about my gear as possible.

Manji

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
learn your equipment, study eq'ing and listen to some new music. try the death note soundtrack great shit. and get some excercise

T

TheMost

Yeah i mean ive been jamming and juts playing guitar not trying to compose so much wether it be on guitar or on the beats. Its just frustrating because sometimes yuo go thru a few weeks but its been like 3-4 months that i make only say 2 beats per month. Sure imake maybe a 12 but im never realy satisfied with them and they just suck to my standards

eldiablo

KRACK HEAD
ill o.g.
I'd do the opposite, take a break, listen to real life, stop listening to so much music, that should give you some ideas and improve your hearing...

I agree, dont get me wrong i dont get the block like yall talking about... but..... i always take breaks, stop listening to anything i might have before find something new and interesting .. chill the fuck out and go through some shit come back and everything is always fresh and new... if you got money take your ass somewhere for a vacation, dip your toes in the sand for a week. if not take yourself out of your own element and do some different shit because coming from another artist and you saying that your stuck in a rut it sounds like you might be ready for some life changes..

..hope that helps..

FIREdevil.gif
eldiablo
FIREdevil.gif

T

TheMost

^^^ Yeah part of the problem is that for instance this week i made 3 beats.
NOw none of those 3 are finished because i make em and im just not satisfied with them. I feel they can and have to be much better.

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
get out of yourself and do something that you want to do more than anything. indulge and feel like shit afterwords. learn more about what you like and dislike. get to know yourself more. the reason why the beat-fodder is not there is beacuse people want something from you that you accidentially stumbled upon. Meanwhile, it has always been inside you the whole time. The need for this intimidates you. You need to exploit yourself a little to access yourself. much luck,
-c/t

Im currently in a slump, mainly brought on by the constant viruses I keep getting, that keep stopping me from getting much done. I have been trying to avoid having to reinstall windows but I dont think Im gonna be able to avoid it. As soon as I get rid of 1 virus another 2 pop up. Its getting quite annoying now. They take all my processor power and stop me being able to use my serato for anything longer than 5 mins.
FUCK VIRUSES!!!!!!
But creative block is a thing every artist/creator faces from time to time. Take some time off completely for a few weeks, then come back with a fresh slate. I tend to get stuck into certain ways of doing something and making all my tracks sound the same, a break from time to time changes the way I look at the music once I come back to it.
As Sam Ock said, raising your bar too high can also be a hinderance, especially if what you are doing doesnt sound as hot as your last banga.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Im currently in a slump, mainly brought on by the constant viruses I keep getting, that keep stopping me from getting much done. I have been trying to avoid having to reinstall windows but I dont think Im gonna be able to avoid it. As soon as I get rid of 1 virus another 2 pop up. Its getting quite annoying now. They take all my processor power and stop me being able to use my serato for anything longer than 5 mins.
FUCK VIRUSES!!!!!!
But creative block is a thing every artist/creator faces from time to time. Take some time off completely for a few weeks, then come back with a fresh slate. I tend to get stuck into certain ways of doing something and making all my tracks sound the same, a break from time to time changes the way I look at the music once I come back to it.
As Sam Ock said, raising your bar too high can also be a hinderance, especially if what you are doing doesnt sound as hot as your last banga.

You need Norton or symantic to protect your pc mayne.

dahkter

Ill Muzikoligist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Hey 2good,
If you want to be totally stable, buy a cheap ass computer strictly for web surfing and testing software, and have a second dedicated PC for music, never plug the internet into it.

djloccdown

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Norton is just eating up your CPU and RAM, it sucks ass.
Anyway, I have a couple of blocks a year.
Last year I didn't make a beat for like 3 weeks during a block, then when I came back to, my creativity ran like the Nile. It felt real good.

members online