installing plug ins in pro tools

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
i took out the plug ins and pro tools loads alot faster..but when i go to the mix window theres nothing there accept no insert and i/o settings..theres no plug in option for me so basically i need help on how to put plug ins back in pro tools..i need help like i wuz a retard i need to knoe if i gotta label a folder a specific name and what folder do i put it into..i need instructions like this is the first time i ever dealt with pro tools..where and how do i bring my plug ins back in pro tools...

T

The Arkitekt

Lol, Fury, didn't you tell me you knew Pro Tools in and out?

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
Lol, Fury, didn't you tell me you knew Pro Tools in and out?

i knoe alot about pro tools but not computer geek shit like this like where the folder is suppose to be

can someone help me?

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
you don't necessarily have to reinstall as long as you have the dpm and rsr.

question. did you also get rid of the dpm/rsr from the dae folder that sometimes get installed in digi's main folder as well? taking out, but not deleting the dpm/rsr is a way to troubleshoot if you have a plug in issue (mainly if start up fails)

im not sure..im guesing i did cuz my pro tools has no plug ins at all not even the option and the audio suite is empty i dont even have rewire

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
did you delete them or just move them?
if deleted, it's reinstall time...for every plugin that has rtas.
then rescan/redo any vst-rta, if you had it.

even with troublesome plugs either in dll or rsr/dpm, i move them to a place where it can't be accessed from the app and 'replaced by another version but never delete them. i'm reluctant to suggest doing a system restore, if it's even available and whether it would even recover deleted files, but there's things like undelete
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
as far as certain plugs not showing up, update the plugin. now if if it isn't fully legit, not sayin' it isn't, and i know many who get the legit and then use the 'other' version to avoid using dongles and such, there's another solution that's been floatin' around the net, especially if dealing with old versions and/or legit but abandoned ware plugs that never got updated

a note on waves: only the waveshells go into your dae/plugin folder, if they aren't there in both dpm and rsr then you didn't install the rtas. time for the ever pleasant reinstall and make sure it's pointed to the right folder

7thangel

7th Angel of Armageddon
ill o.g.
ok, i open pt and also have both common files/digi/etc, etc and program files/digi/dae/eetc folders open. honestly, you should have the stock digi plug ins as they don't appear in the plug in folder (except the legacy stuff like eq II and that is usually in the plg in (unused) folder and the bomb factory but theses aren't really the stock plugs).

this may seem condescending, but that's not my aim, but did you start a project? or just open it up? if you just opened it up, pt wont show certain menus (they'll be greyed out). again, i know that what i just asked can be seemed as insulting, but i only ask it, because i know sometimes when i want to check a plug in pt, i sometimes forget to start a project first 9i have a template which i usually open for that purpose)

the only other thing i can think of is that you might have a missing dae dll in your main pt folder

o/t: just realized that i've never rewired in pt. might be something i'll look into today

members online