Intaking Hiphop

E

Equality 7-2521

just wondering.......

do you concider LISTENING to Hiphop is part of attaining your production goals?
Listening to Hiphop gives me lots of ideas. Probably the most ideas.

how big is your collection of Hiphop?
I got a crate (40 albums or so) of wax and nearly 100 burnt CDs.

how bout the rest of yas?

h2flow

ill o.g.
It's good to listen to stuff. But you don't have to be like, trippin and be like always looking out and listening to fools, cause you think they have a new sound. Theres been nothing really new in Hip Hop for years,...
Just that there are many more wack MC's now adays.........
just my opinion.......

DJ Hoppa

Broken Complex Records
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 50
i always listen, whether its mainstream, underground, good, shitty....i try to absorb all the tactics cats are using, cause you can usually learn a lot about producing from a good song....i have about 6 or 7 crates of hip hop, and mp3s from here to over there

E

Equality 7-2521

h2Flow...if you havnt found anything fresh in Hiphop for years, your not looking very hard at all

C

Copenhagen

Together with a friend, we have approx. 30.000 vinyls of all genres. Personally, I have approx. 400 Hip-Hop/Rap CDs and 250 R&B CDs (which is mostly because I still club DJ some times). I don't listen much to Hip-Hop anymore though, simply because I get too inspired. You know when you make a hot track just to find out that you subconciously have copied someone else, so to stay away from that, I've started to listen more to old music, soul, jazz, classic and new stuff like global beats, abstract, indian, arabian, asian, which I get good ideas from and sometimes a nice, odd sample that nobody knows...

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
I got about five crates of records and three Dj friends of mine together about 3000. And we allwayz buyin' more. I love to sample. if it's left up to me samplin' will live 4ever....lol But that 30'000... hell yeah thas a lot. we might have more then 3,000 but that 30?...... GOT DAMN!!!!!!!!:dj: lol...lol..........

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
i find that i take more of a liking to tother genres than i have in the past... im startin to branch my musicl tastes .. i like jazz, techno, jam band stuff, rock, world music, pop ..pretty much everything except country..and some of that shit is dope too

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

I absolutely refuse to listen to modern hip hop because it is so bad, and I don't want to get stuck having that garbage running around my head when making tunes.

Most of the time I listen to the old thrash metal I used to listen to in high school, or the corny stadium rock from elementary school, because that stuff makes me want to write music.

Nick

E

Equality 7-2521

tsk tsk....modern Hiphop is dope .....if you find the good shit, have you checked my links onthe "Project Blowed" thread?

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I have at least 400 rap cds, shits been stackin up over the years, i didnt even realize. My vinyl collection however is far less lol

members online