Interesting Books?!?

C

Carpe Diem

OK, I've just decided that i wanna read a book!!! Might check out The Da Vinci Code, but anything else along those Conspiracy or Religious lines, Illuminati etc, that i should peep....

Peace

CarpeDiem

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Che Guevara, a biography, by Jean Cormier, it was a very interesting read, there are many books about Che to me this one of the better. I also wrote a hundred pages essay about him, but that was about ten years ago hahaha.

C

Carpe Diem

lol, keep em comin peeps....

wanna check some books like that for a name for our group too, needs to be some complicated shit

Producer_GyaL

IllMuzik First Lady
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 182
Carpe Diem said:
Coo, thanks!!! Is it a novel?!?

Trust me its good! look at this:

The Inner Voice of Love: A Journey Through Anguish to Freedom is a collection of passages from Henri Nouwen's journals, written during a period when his self-esteem evaporated, his energy to work disappeared, and God seemed entirely unreal. This is not a book to be read straight through: each short chapter takes time to digest, because, like the following passage, each of Nouwen's thoughts has the raw complexity of real honesty:
Your body needs to be held and to hold, to be touched and to touch. None of these needs is to be despised, denied, or repressed. But you have to keep searching for your body's deeper need, the need for genuine love. Every time you are able to go beyond the body's superficial desires for love, you are bringing your body home and moving toward integration and unity. His journal is published with the intention of consoling those who have to live through the pain of broken relationships and who often suffer intense anguish, and will provide them with an inner voice of love that offers new courage, new hope, even new life.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
An excellent book about the Illuminati is "Angels and Demons" by..... yep.... Dan Brown, author of The Da Vinci Code. You might want to check out his other novels, as well. They all share similar themes.

" Portrait of a Killer: Jack the Ripper, Case Closed" by Patricia Cornwall - This book was crazy in the way it took a nonfiction theory on the identity of Jack the Ripper, and wove it into one very captivating exploration into the mind and motives of a serial killer.

Speaking of Patricia Cornwall, she has this series of novels involving a Chief Medical Examiner named Kay Scarpetta. These are pretty good if you like murder/mystery/C.S.I. types of books... the titles are (most recent first):
• Trace
• Blow Fly
• The Last Precinct
• Black Notice
• Point of Origin
• Unnatural Exposure
• Cause of Death
• From Potter's Field
• The Body Farm
• Cruel and Unusual
• All That Remains
• Body of Evidence
• Postmortem

By the way, Shadeed, good picks. I read all of the first, and half of the second book, and they were both really good.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
No Logo; Taking aim at the brand bullies. by Naomi Klein ( that's I moan backwards ).

This is probably one the best books I've come across.

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
-IBM and the Holocaust (Edwin Black)

Editorial Reviews

Amazon.com
Was IBM, "The Solutions Company," partly responsible for the Final Solution? That's the question raised by Edwin Black's IBM and the Holocaust, the most controversial book on the subject since Daniel Jonah Goldhagen's Hitler's Willing Executioners. Black, a son of Holocaust survivors, is less tendentiously simplistic than Goldhagen, but his thesis is no less provocative: he argues that IBM founder Thomas Watson deserved the Merit Cross (Germany's second-highest honor) awarded him by Hitler, his second-biggest customer on earth. "IBM, primarily through its German subsidiary, made Hitler's program of Jewish destruction a technologic mission the company pursued with chilling success," writes Black. "IBM had almost single-handedly brought modern warfare into the information age [and] virtually put the 'blitz' in the krieg."
The crucial technology was a precursor to the computer, the IBM Hollerith punch card machine, which Black glimpsed on exhibit at the U.S. Holocaust Museum, inspiring his five-year, top-secret book project. The Hollerith was used to tabulate and alphabetize census data. Black says the Hollerith and its punch card data ("hole 3 signified homosexual ... hole 8 designated a Jew") was indispensable in rounding up prisoners, keeping the trains fully packed and on time, tallying the deaths, and organizing the entire war effort. Hitler's regime was fantastically, suicidally chaotic; could IBM have been the cause of its sole competence: mass-murdering civilians? Better scholars than I must sift through and appraise Black's mountainous evidence, but clearly the assessment is overdue.

The moral argument turns on one question: How much did IBM New York know about IBM Germany's work, and when? Black documents a scary game of brinksmanship orchestrated by IBM chief Watson, who walked a fine line between enraging U.S. officials and infuriating Hitler. He shamefully delayed returning the Nazi medal until forced to--and when he did return it, the Nazis almost kicked IBM and its crucial machines out of Germany. (Hitler was prone to self-defeating decisions, as demonstrated in How Hitler Could Have Won World War II.)

Black has created a must-read work of history. But it's also a fascinating business book examining the colliding influences of personality, morality, and cold strategic calculation. --Tim Appelo

E

Equality 7-2521

"Ayn Rand" - Anthem is a glorious book which can be read in one night. not sure if it fits the description though.

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Screw Tape Letters
by C. S. Lewis

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
yah read ayn rand -- anthem.

but read fountainhead first.. same author

C

Carpe Diem

Cheers, started to read DaVinci Code, and its really good!!! Picked up the Angels and Demons book too, willl check the rest soon!!!

members online