Interesting hip-hop facts

Pug

IllMuzik Mortician
ill o.g.
The first Gravediggaz album was actually being shopped around to labels before 36 Chambers was released.

T

TagYourBeats

I love forum posts like this.

From Complex:

The voice behind the "Young Chop On the Beat" drop is Young Chop's then four-year-old cousin. The audio is from about six years ago.

According to R. Kelly, Best of Both Worlds was originally supposed to be R. Kelly and 2Pac.

J. Cole's Born Sinner was originally supposed to come out on June 25th, the 17th year anniversary of Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt.

Snoop Dogg says he smokes about 75 blunts a day.

The same day he shot the video for "Banned From TV," Big Pun kidnapped DJ Whoo Kid at the Apollo

Tupac died on September 13, 1996, exactly two years to the day from the release date of The Notorious B.I.G.'s debut album, Ready To Die.

50 Cent's "21 Questions" actually contains 23 different questions.

Stalley played a basketball game against LeBron James in high school.

Kanye West claims he wrote "All Falls Down" in 15 minutes.

The Geto Boys' "Mind Playing Tricks on Me" inspired Kid Cudi's "Day 'n' Nite."

The same girl that Tupac holds in the "Keep Your Head Up" video plays his daughter in the movie Poetic Justice.

D12's Proof and Bizarre are both in the video for Aaliyah's "Age Ain't Nothing But A Number," which was shot in Detroit.

Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt sold only 35,000 copies its first week.

Questlove owns about 2000 hair picks.

Action Bronson hates the sound of door knocking more than anything.

From 5th to 12th grade, J. Cole played the violin.

Andre 3000 drew the cover for OutKast's Aquemini.

Nas' Illmatic didn't go platinum until after Stillmatic was released.

Missy Elliott only eats green M&Ms.

Big Sean's grandmother was one of the first African-American captains in the U.S. Army during World War II.

Joey Bada$$ is almost completely deaf in his right ear.

Kendrick Lamar does the tracklisting for every ScHoolBoy Q project.

When Dr. Dre first met Eminem, Em was wearing a bright yellow tracksuit and Dre told him he looked like a banana.

Too $hort was one of the first major artists to give Lil Jon a break as an artist.

Tech N9ne and Machine Gun Kelly set a world record on their 2012 tour with 95 shows in 104 days.

Joell Ortiz was a very good student in school, he even skipped 9th grade.

Big Sean says the word "ass" 88 times in "Dance (A$$)."

The clothes Ice Cube wears in the first scene of Friday are exactly the same as the ones he wore in the final scene of Boyz n the Hood.

Nas is very good at Rock Band.

Although he hails from Compton, Kendrick Lamar's parents are both from Chicago.

Me Against the World debuted at No. 1 on Billboard, making 2Pac the first artist in history to have an album debut at No. 1 while in prison.

50 Cent wrote "How To Rob" in 30 minutes while in a car on the way to his studio.

Jay Z recorded "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)" in one take.

80% of Tyler, The Creator's Goblin was created using FL Studio.

Jay Z, Kanye West, Nas, and Snoop Dogg are the only rappers to release six platinum albums in the first 10 years of their careers.

Machine Gun Kelly once made a restaurant in Cleveland open at midnight on a Sunday just to cook for Jeezy and his crew.

DMX is the first artist in history to have both his debut and sophomore albums debut at No. 1 in the same year.

The first thing Logic did once he got his advance from Def Jam was go to Taco Bell.

When J. Cole met Jay-Z for the first time, his first thought was, "Damn n***a, I'm taller than Jay Z"

Eminem dropped from 168 lbs to 145 lbs for his role in 8 Mile.

In early 2009, Kanye West nearly changed his name to "Martin Louis the King, Jr."

Dame Dash's first time smoking weed was on the set of "Big Pimpin."

Eminem considered getting Dido on MMLP2's "Bad Guy," but didn't want to give away the "Stan" reference.

Queen Latifah was the first female rapper to have her own fragrance.

D12 passed on the “In Da Club” beat, and 50 Cent originally recorded his version of the track with only the drum beat.

Just Blaze sang backup on Mac Miller's "All Around The World."

Ice Cube was reluctant to play Doughboy in Boyz n the Hood.

ScHoolBoy Q had a 3.3 GPA in high school.

Before either of them blew up, Kanye West and The Game battled at Nelly's album release party at Niketown in L.A. and Kanye won.

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7

Too $hort was one of the first major artists to give Lil Jon a break as an artist.
3 stacks drew the women on all of outkast's cds

lil jon used to work for jermaine dupri at so so def. he was responsible for the bass allstars albums that they released

redman started out as a dj and produces a lot of his own tracks

Charlie

TheHipHopRecords
I love forum posts like this.

From Complex:

The voice behind the "Young Chop On the Beat" drop is Young Chop's then four-year-old cousin. The audio is from about six years ago.

According to R. Kelly, Best of Both Worlds was originally supposed to be R. Kelly and 2Pac.

J. Cole's Born Sinner was originally supposed to come out on June 25th, the 17th year anniversary of Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt.

Snoop Dogg says he smokes about 75 blunts a day.

The same day he shot the video for "Banned From TV," Big Pun kidnapped DJ Whoo Kid at the Apollo

Tupac died on September 13, 1996, exactly two years to the day from the release date of The Notorious B.I.G.'s debut album, Ready To Die.

50 Cent's "21 Questions" actually contains 23 different questions.

Stalley played a basketball game against LeBron James in high school.

Kanye West claims he wrote "All Falls Down" in 15 minutes.

The Geto Boys' "Mind Playing Tricks on Me" inspired Kid Cudi's "Day 'n' Nite."

The same girl that Tupac holds in the "Keep Your Head Up" video plays his daughter in the movie Poetic Justice.

D12's Proof and Bizarre are both in the video for Aaliyah's "Age Ain't Nothing But A Number," which was shot in Detroit.

Jay Z's Reasonable Doubt sold only 35,000 copies its first week.

Questlove owns about 2000 hair picks.

Action Bronson hates the sound of door knocking more than anything.

From 5th to 12th grade, J. Cole played the violin.

Nas' Illmatic didn't go platinum until after Stillmatic was released.

Missy Elliott only eats green M&Ms.

Big Sean's grandmother was one of the first African-American captains in the U.S. Army during World War II.

Joey Bada$$ is almost completely deaf in his right ear.

Kendrick Lamar does the tracklisting for every ScHoolBoy Q project.

When Dr. Dre first met Eminem, Em was wearing a bright yellow tracksuit and Dre told him he looked like a banana.

Tech N9ne and Machine Gun Kelly set a world record on their 2012 tour with 95 shows in 104 days.

Joell Ortiz was a very good student in school, he even skipped 9th grade.

Big Sean says the word "ass" 88 times in "Dance (A$$)."

The clothes Ice Cube wears in the first scene of Friday are exactly the same as the ones he wore in the final scene of Boyz n the Hood.

Nas is very good at Rock Band.

Although he hails from Compton, Kendrick Lamar's parents are both from Chicago.

Me Against the World debuted at No. 1 on Billboard, making 2Pac the first artist in history to have an album debut at No. 1 while in prison.

50 Cent wrote "How To Rob" in 30 minutes while in a car on the way to his studio.

Jay Z recorded "Hard Knock Life (Ghetto Anthem)" in one take.

80% of Tyler, The Creator's Goblin was created using FL Studio.

Jay Z, Kanye West, Nas, and Snoop Dogg are the only rappers to release six platinum albums in the first 10 years of their careers.

Machine Gun Kelly once made a restaurant in Cleveland open at midnight on a Sunday just to cook for Jeezy and his crew.

DMX is the first artist in history to have both his debut and sophomore albums debut at No. 1 in the same year.

The first thing Logic did once he got his advance from Def Jam was go to Taco Bell.

When J. Cole met Jay-Z for the first time, his first thought was, "Damn n***a, I'm taller than Jay Z"

Eminem dropped from 168 lbs to 145 lbs for his role in 8 Mile.

In early 2009, Kanye West nearly changed his name to "Martin Louis the King, Jr."

Dame Dash's first time smoking weed was on the set of "Big Pimpin."

Eminem considered getting Dido on MMLP2's "Bad Guy," but didn't want to give away the "Stan" reference.

Queen Latifah was the first female rapper to have her own fragrance.

D12 passed on the “In Da Club” beat, and 50 Cent originally recorded his version of the track with only the drum beat.

Just Blaze sang backup on Mac Miller's "All Around The World."

Ice Cube was reluctant to play Doughboy in Boyz n the Hood.

ScHoolBoy Q had a 3.3 GPA in high school.

Before either of them blew up, Kanye West and The Game battled at Nelly's album release party at Niketown in L.A. and Kanye won.
I knew all of them (lol)....na jokes,,,,good list

MitchHolmes

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Fucking Kanye west!!! I think he does it on purpose to piss people off and make it look like he has an ego. Dude cant really be that ego maniac

members online