Internal Zip For computer Problem

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
i bought a interbal zip drive off of ebay, iomega 250, got it installed it so the power works and the wires or conected. But i don't know how to get my computer to reconize that i have it installed? i didn't get any manual with my drive, also i got the backup software and i installed that. so my question is, how do i get my computer to reconize this? please any help would be great.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
First off, what operating system are you using? If it's XP then it should recognize it, otherwise you'll have to go to Control Panel>Add Hardware. Let me know.

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
no i did what you said, and it search and no results came up? does this mean my drive is not connected right? then i did the manual install, but it doesn't have a option for zip,it has iomega host adaptors, which i have no idea what those are, i thought it would be inder iomega zip 250? i have had this problem for about 3 months so i would love to fiqure it out. if you need any more info i can try to explain more.

eka

Mad samplist productions
ill o.g.
the computer should see it right away, you don't have to install it in any type of windows.
it should see it as just an other "harddisk"
I own a iomega zip 100 mb and I had it in my old computer with windows 95 and I have it now with windows xp and when I connect it all the computer sees it right away, no install needed.
maybe it is something with the wires or it don't work at all.
try reconnecting it again.
you should put it on the same wire as your floppy drive.
good luck

bigdmakintrax

BeatKreatoR
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 123
Make sure that you install it with CS(cable select) or master on the ide bus controller....the jumpers settings should be on there....if you put it on the same cable as the hard drive or cd rom then you should probably either set the jumpers on the hard drive as master and the zip drive with CS cable select or as slave depending on the computer you have and how old the controller is...make sure it gets initialized or is recognized on the boot...also make sure that your bios is set to auto detect the devices on the IDE busses.....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Exactly what you guys just said. Windows is supposed to recognize a new drive right away, but installing it manually through the Add Hardware, you should have seen something. My only guess would be that it's not connected right or it doesn't work for some reason.

And the master/slave thing is definitely what you should look at because like I said, it should have been recognized right away.

members online

No members online now.