Internet Freestyle Boards...

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
I used to be into the whole internet freestyle thing right. But after a minute of doin it, the stuff's not that fun. It seems like there's no technique involved and people hype it up like it's cool as hell. I'm not knockin it totally but I dont like it too much nowadayz.

I just wanna know if anybody else is the same way or am I the only one?

ill o.g.
I did it once a while ago. But i stopped rhymin. The board rhymin thing was kinda practice for me, but i dont take it serious.

soulkontrola

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
classic said:
Yea man, no disrespect but that shit does seem pretty lame, 99% of Mcing is devliarary.

I just cringe when i think of little 14 year olds typing on their computers thinking they are real MC's

class....

that shit is funny because thats what it is young kids (wheres the crowd) what u get IM cheers

lol shits crazy

ManDAmyth

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I used the internet boards to post rhymes in the past. It's actually a great tool to help your writing.

Nobody posts true keystyles (off the dome).

The only thing anybody can feel about your rhymes is the words and the meaning behind those words.

So even if rhyming like Twista is your style kats only read the words at their own pace. This mean your ish better have some substance. You can't be one of those clown emcee's with a loud voice and a couple of punchlines. If forces you to be more literary and you start to develop better writing skillz for songs.

I also used it to get feed back on lyrics I wrote. The feedback is only on the words, the weapon of the emcee.

Don't get suctioned into it though. You should be putting in work recording tracks, the internet ish is practice.

To many kats focus on freestyling. I think that's bull.

Everynight I throw on an assortment of instrumentals and only mumble over them, trying out different flows. Here, I'm working on my flow exclusively, words don't matter.

By posting on the boards I"m working on my words.

When I write a song I combine the too. In order to be a dope emcee you have to have a dope flow plus dope lyrics.

Freestyling is overrated. Look at how many battle emcee's get loaded with a whole bunch of hype then drop sour albums. It's because dudes can't write for nothing.

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
I used to do that shyt when i wuz 15..i realized it wuz wack when i wuz battling this kid and he wrote a Canibus line down thinkin i wudnt knoe it...unless i wuz battling Canibus that shyt turned out real wack....I WISH I HAD MORE HANDS SO I CAN GIVE THOSE TITTIES A 4 THUMBS DOWN AH AH AH!!!

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
never did it... audio or nuthin for me...

Deca

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
imagine a sites like illmusik were you have to post beat in writing not audio...ISSSSSHHH!

DO RÉ MI!!!

if it dont work for musik, i dont think it works for lyrics.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yea i hate that shit its just lame

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
I guess your not the only one Ado, your wagon seems to be full. I did it some years ago and it was like practice because it was the only way I was able to write a rhyme, I was a freestyler. when written rhymes for net you have to shoot to achieve something, and that something would be to come across in words, almost like reading a good book, or poem and getting the picture. I would say most who do it is garbage, and those who don't like it don't like it because it shows them how stupid they are. I would say that 95% of all commercial rap is stupid when I really wanna say 98% of it is. And it would be even more stupider if you had to read it (lol stupider). What makes them good is content, not deliver because you can't hear it. So I differ with you all, but don't blame you cause most cats doing type or audio are clone n%ggas recycling the same BS over and over in different ways, calling it rap or hip hip. So if all you do is freestyle, then freestyle. But if you write raps for any reason, read your rap instead of rapping it, and find out how stupid what your saying really is. If it can survive being read, then maybe you've produce a real work of art.

Ado

The Rappin' Dead
ill o.g.
Kev man, you be breakin it down. I feel you.

But yo, I remember this one site where dudes were on there postin different audio verses against each other that was pretty cool but the only thing about it was that the fools postin would be SO WAKK. If only there was some way to attract only cold mcz...