Introduction

Hi Everyone.

My name is Knowledge and I've been producing for about 11 years on and off. The longest break I've taken without completing a beat was probably 3 to 4 years after my laptop broke and I stupidly didn't have everything backed up. Lost all my packs and at the time I didn't have the money in my teen years to have legit copies of software. It made me demotivated since I had to go torrent everything again. I got back into music production after I started working and having more expandable income which meant I could buy everything legit and didn't have to worry about vsts stopping from working with that access violation pop up. The last few months are probably the most time I've spent on beat making. That's the only upside to being in lockdown. I had nothing else to do. Can only watch so many movies/series and spend so much time playing xbox games. I want to improve my mixing but it's usually hard to get honest feedback from friends and family as they will say it sounds good most of the time. Even if it's harsh feedback it's better than bad feedback.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @knowledge93 and where are you from? Play any instrument(s) and what genre(s) do you produce and listen to (or not)?

Welcome @knowledge93 and where are you from? Play any instrument(s) and what genre(s) do you produce and listen to (or not)?

I'm originally from Zimbabwe but live in the UK. I can sort of play the keyboard but haven't practised in years. Recently bought one to get back into it.

I mainly listen to hip-hop, trap, rnb, uk drill, grime, amapiano, gqom, kwaito and afro-beats.

I usually make rnb and hip hop but I've tried other genres. I have a lot of beats sitting around that I haven't got round to finishing.

members online