Is Being in the Main stream Industry....

Queenofex

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Like selling your soul?

It gets interesting with all the conspiracies and crap but I really want to know if it's true. Is it really worth all the compromising of your indiviuality? I think not. I wonder like what is the price to pay for that much lime light & money? Besides the gossip....

Random thought lol

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
The higher up I get and the more knowledge I gain, the more I see its like a high school clique. You got the higher ups, the various math/poetry/etc kids, the Tech kids, and the black sheep.

So you may sell your soul to get in, but its what you do with that "popularity" that I believe defines if your soul was on collateral/pawned or sold. If you make being yourself or rolling solo the "cool" thing, you'll destroy whats attractive about the "cliques"... the exclusiveness.

Queenofex

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
So you may sell your soul to get in, but its what you do with that "popularity" that I believe defines if your soul was on collateral/pawned or sold. If you make being yourself or rolling solo the "cool" thing, you'll destroy whats attractive about the "cliques"... the exclusiveness.

I don't follow this too well....

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
lol you use your "soul" to get a good position then you change the system, basically.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
"So you may sell your soul to get in"

No I don't agree, there are tons of musicians that are wildly successful completely outside of the music business like Phish, Grateful dead, Bob Dylan, Widespread Panic.

" Is it really worth all the compromising of your indiviuality? I think not"

I think you can actually do better being yourself and doing things you like, develop a following that loves you. This is much easier in the internet age.

There are groups that are label creations for sure and those groups do what the label says not doubt, but that is more and more a thing of the past.

Kontents

I like Gearslutz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
My thoughts.

Such a broad term to say "sell your soul" You cant really sell it for one thing. The other part of it actually having a value... that's just made up. If you think about it the real idea of this would be how far are you willing to go to become successful in the industry. So the best way to sum this up would to say "how dedicated are you to being successful".

If you are willing to commit and do whatever new tactic available to gain more sales and a larger following then you are being dedicated to being successful on a different scale then just making music and hoping for the best.

Hence the popularity of solder boi.. or whatever.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
The higher up I get and the more knowledge I gain, the more I see its like a high school clique. You got the higher ups, the various math/poetry/etc kids, the Tech kids, and the black sheep.

haha I gotcha.... Thats me in highschool...
The cliques stayed but I just moved between and within them.

Oh and Queen , I say yes. Its always been that way. When you become famous you lose your old self. If you get HUGE you would never be able to just go to a mall and see a movie or shop or any of that without starting a problem for that mall. Or grocery shopping or anything.. But Im talking HUGE..
But you prolly do anyway on a smaller scale somehow for just being big.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
... When you become famous you lose your old self. If you get HUGE you would never be able to just go to a mall and see a movie or shop or any of that without starting a problem for that mall. Or grocery shopping or anything.. But Im talking HUGE...

Fame is a monster at any level, you gotta be prepared, cause once it starts it doesnt stop.

members online