Is Game the most overated rapper in Hip Hop?

T

The Bastard

In All Honesty I Def Think 50 Cent Is The Most Overrated Rapper Of All Time. This Dood Woulda Been Sellin Cds Out Of The Dumpster For The Rest Of His Life If Eminem Didnt Make Him. I Mean He Was Doin His Shit But Nobody Was Really Feelin Him, Def No Other Rappers

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm a big fan of Game, 50 Cent and G Unit in general. They put out quality music in my opinion

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
O-H-TEN said:
Can you say.....Xzibit?
ONE

xzibit was born and raised in detroit he moved out to cali when he was 15 so thats why his style was diffrent when he got put on.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
WHO CARES ABOUT GAME OR 50 CENT OR G UNIT OR XZIBIT OR ANYONE!!!! FUCK THE EAST COAST, WEST COAST, DURRRTY SOUTH, MIDWEST, UNITED STATES, AND EARTH!!!! WHEN WILL PEOPLE START FOCUSING ON THE INDIVIDUAL, NOT THE LOCATION???

it ain't where you from, it's who the fuck you are and what you study. This shit is so much bigger than an individual or "crew" or who the fuck ever.

I'm sorry.... that was mean and insensitive.

stormelements

Beats That Knock
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
WHO CARES ABOUT GAME OR 50 CENT OR G UNIT OR XZIBIT OR ANYONE!!!! FUCK THE EAST COAST, WEST COAST, DURRRTY SOUTH, MIDWEST, UNITED STATES, AND EARTH!!!! WHEN WILL PEOPLE START FOCUSING ON THE INDIVIDUAL, NOT THE LOCATION???

it ain't where you from, it's who the fuck you are and what you study. This shit is so much bigger than an individual or "crew" or who the fuck ever.

I'm sorry.... that was mean and insensitive.

LMFAO.... :)

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
From what I see from Game he has a lot of tough talk which always generates controversy in Hip-Hop, which could sell records. They might try to make him out be be another Tupac for the west coast but minus a lot of the rhyme skills Tupac had (and a lot of other things). I'm not at all saying he's wack though he got some good songs, with Dr Dre coaching you it's hard to go wrong within the expertise of selling the type of records he sells. Dre knows exactly what market he wants to hit wit Game: The west coast/ east coast thug/gangster mentality/Street market for the most part. Would you believe that gangsta music is over 10 years old and kids these days are still going out buying these records like there's something new to learn and listen too. That's the only thing I fault a lot of the big name guys like Dre for, you have the power to innovate and raise people's awareness of what's going on in the world or just push out knowledge that we may need to hear, but instead it's still about the dollar bill. Lord knows Dre has plenty.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i know this is gonna fuck wit somebody, but i gotta say 2PAC.... I even tried to listen to him again after I heard about him shootin those off duty cops.. call me stupid but I liked that shit... anyways I just NEVER liked his flow, he rhymes EEEEE to much, it allways sounded trite to me ...

Game is better than i thought he would be ... but its the typical media hype bullshit with that cat... and the problem with that is he aint gonna be able to bring anything NEW to hip hop goin down that road...

I def think Kanye is overated too, but I think he brought something new to the industry...

didnt mean to say the K word

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
BASTARD said:
In All Honesty I Def Think 50 Cent Is The Most Overrated Rapper Of All Time. This Dood Woulda Been Sellin Cds Out Of The Dumpster For The Rest Of His Life If Eminem Didnt Make Him. I Mean He Was Doin His Shit But Nobody Was Really Feelin Him, Def No Other Rappers

I agree Bastard. I think Em signed him for some more "Street Cred"..lol.
(8 Mile wasnt enuff I guess)

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
gram green said:
i know this is gonna fuck wit somebody, but i gotta say 2PAC.... I even tried to listen to him again after I heard about him shootin those off duty cops.. call me stupid but I liked that shit... anyways I just NEVER liked his flow, he rhymes EEEEE to much, it allways sounded trite to me ...

Game is better than i thought he would be ... but its the typical media hype bullshit with that cat... and the problem with that is he aint gonna be able to bring anything NEW to hip hop goin down that road...

I def think Kanye is overated too, but I think he brought something new to the industry...

didnt mean to say the K word

Wouldn't it be hard to say that you don't like Pac's flows when alot of artist out now sounds like him. How is he overrated. Overrated artist don't last long. They eventually have to put in some work or the are forgotten. Pac had been puttin' it down ever since "Brenda's gotta baby". Pac has always had a message in his music and that's what fans like about him. 2Pac still lives...... pot'na!

But you are intitled to your opinion and I respect it, this is just mine. As for Game, I'll wait until the album drops, but so far he's kinda tight. I'm just waiting to see what he's gotta say, other than the usual.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Gram's not the only hehe...

Question is how to determine skills ?

Is it objective to add the sentiment to point out how good he was ?

Or from a neutral point of view meaning that you dont really care about the man and from that perspective create an opinion upon his skills ?

It's ez to say that he had skills while adoring the man but how much does that mean in the eyes of a professional ? You can hardly call that objective because it appeals to the personal side that gives comment.

From my point of view he's been succesfull and that's all there is. There is and was a huge appeal, a mass target to be exploited of which nada had to do with his intellect, insight or perspective to life. It didnt matter, he got support to keep his hype alive while he's selling because that is what majors do...create or find an icon and maintain it's yield. I know there's a lot of people feel to relate to his life, lyrics or status but I consider it to be background material to create attraction. In the real world and even in ghettos being a thug is not even the last principle that will save your life, I know I aint from the ghetto, never been close to it but I do have a keen sense for psychology, pretty much soberly based. In the contrast of pac vs society he brought appeal but if he was someone intelligent enough to deal with his fame he would've said that thugs are bad and that there are more things to life than the principles of a thug.

As for his skills... overrated. lotta people would disagree but a lotta people voted bush too ? Why ? Because they fail to look what's beyond their perspective hence dont know any better, can you really argue with them...

absolutly not.

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
yo i cant think of anyone who sounds like PAC ... lots of cats tryin to live some "thug life" but rhyme wise dont nobody sound like him that i can think of....

over rated cats do last long... thats part of being over rated.... take Nelly for example

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
word. Pac was cool wit SOME of the positive messages. But there was more Negative then otherwise,,,and thats cool. Ya gotta sell records right. He most definitly was over-rated. He had no breathe control and his flow was mediocre at best. It's about and always has been marketin. He had some serious points to be made and a voice to be heard but think about this, if Pac dropped the Thug persona and wrote more records on what he "really" wanted to write,,,he wouldnt be as succesful. he was deep and he will be missed.

with that bein said, Pac is not one of the greatest MC's in Hip Hop by a longshot. Yet he was one of the best Entertainers in rap music. This isnt my opinion, this is a fact. I like the guy. One of the most intelligent cats fo sure. Another thing too is many cats in the culture we live are very, very impressionable so many go with the flow even if they truly don't feel a certain artist. When I was comin up in the early 90's everybody hated the guy. Only a select few liked him here and when the bad Boy/ Death Row shit started he really didnt get any love. But then he was iced and now everybody loves him and he's the greatest of all time. Whatever, but you can tell who were fans and who goes with the flow. Like Craig G. aka Goldy is a DIE HARD Pac fan and the cat knows dude to the Tee,,,thats real.

back to Game,,,he still sucks.

o-a-ksavage

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
StressWon said:
word. Pac was cool wit SOME of the positive messages. But there was more Negative then otherwise,,,and thats cool. Ya gotta sell records right. He most definitly was over-rated. He had no breathe control and his flow was mediocre at best. It's about and always has been marketin. He had some serious points to be made and a voice to be heard but think about this, if Pac dropped the Thug persona and wrote more records on what he "really" wanted to write,,,he wouldnt be as succesful. he was deep and he will be missed.

with that bein said, Pac is not one of the greatest MC's in Hip Hop by a longshot. Yet he was one of the best Entertainers in rap music. This isnt my opinion, this is a fact. I like the guy. One of the most intelligent cats fo sure. Another thing too is many cats in the culture we live are very, very impressionable so many go with the flow even if they truly don't feel a certain artist. When I was comin up in the early 90's everybody hated the guy. Only a select few liked him here and when the bad Boy/ Death Row shit started he really didnt get any love. But then he was iced and now everybody loves him and he's the greatest of all time. Whatever, but you can tell who were fans and who goes with the flow. Like Craig G. aka Goldy is a DIE HARD Pac fan and the cat knows dude to the Tee,,,thats real.

back to Game,,,he still sucks.

How the fuck can you say that's a fact?!! It is completely subjective, there's no fuckin rubric of judging an mc or anything. It's each person's opinion. Shiiit, that's like saying it's a fact that Rocky Road's the best flavor of ice cream. Pac had skills in my opinion. Probably number one all-time on my list.

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
o-a-ksavage said:
How the fuck can you say that's a fact?!! It is completely subjective, there's no fuckin rubric of judging an mc or anything. It's each person's opinion. Shiiit, that's like saying it's a fact that Rocky Road's the best flavor of ice cream. Pac had skills in my opinion. Probably number one all-time on my list.

look, you obviously aint an Emcee because to be a great emcee as he was branded,,,,,ya gotta have some type of flow. Like I said, he had NO BREATHE CONTROL, and it hindered his flow. I respect ya opinion, but thats a fact on his flow. I aint tryin to start no shit wit nobody, I'm just statin it like it is. I like Q-Tip from tribe and he's definitly one of my favorites and an influence to me and my music, BUT he's no way one of the all time best Emcees because he's my favorite. Feel me? And sellin records dont make an emcee!!! But I aint hatin on the dude either.

PS:
,,,,Game still sucks,,,

,,,give more burn to Xibit!!!!

PPS:
Rocky Road IS the best flavor,,lol

T

The Bastard

StressWon said:
I agree Bastard. I think Em signed him for some more "Street Cred"..lol.
(8 Mile wasnt enuff I guess)
THATS WHUT IM TALKIN ABOUT, ITS DIGUSTING

members online