Is Hiphop REALLY Dead?

Is HipHop REALLY Dead?

• Total voters

FSC

Royal Souf Productions
ill o.g.
its not dead, it's just evolving into different genres.

I agree.

I'm not saying that the stuff thats getting the most air time is the best. But you gotta admit the shit being made by the vets in hiphop isn't hitting on much either. Unless i missed some stuff.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
Im in...
That Soup song was even on Regis and Kelly. If that aint a death bell ringin I dont know what is..
To me the real underground is on the internet.
Honestly I have heard stuff on soundclick that I like better than what is on billboard.Not to say there isnt gobs of crap on soundclick. But to me thats where it is...The net!
I never ever have to turn my radio on again really.

Remeber when voting here you can make more than one selection...

T

The Bastard

thats because the younger hip hop generation are all followers. For instance,,,,stickers showing the size of ya big ass head on fitted caps. Take dem fuckin things off ya idiots. These kids see that shit in a video and now everybody does that...seriously, why? Because its gold? Shiney? Morons,,everybody gotta like what everyone else likes,,,,,,
fuck u i keep the sticker on sumtime
Most popular song in NYC for the past couple of months
then hip hop is dead
im in tampa now and all they play is snap music. whats funny is no matter how shitty the song is. they rockin it like its the shit. its every song too. not every few either
what would be classified as snap music?is that chicken noodle song snap music?

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
For instance,,,,stickers showing the size of ya big ass head on fitted caps. Take dem fuckin things off ya idiots.
huh? what? I dont get it... picture please...

I wanna laugh

KurtisRich

Pussy Monster
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 13
evolving,,into what?!?! Shit?

I'm saying that music changes and so does the generations who listens to them. Some may like the music that's out and some may not. Today's music is the new generations of classics for the young'ns. I love music and I can't hate on that. Although some songs might be ridiculously bad that you and I might not even play it at home or in the car, but in the clubs, its a whole different story.. Some music are made to enjoy, and some music are just made to make people dance. That's my 2 genres on it.

Oh one more thing. I know muthafuckas who's like, "Yo that chicken noodle soup joint is WACK!!" But yo, when I spin that shit at the clubs, the same muthafuckas who said that be dancing and singing to it. The environment changes, the music changes, and so does the person.

Benny BuKu

BAD NEWS
ill o.g.
I'm saying that music changes and so does the generations who listens to them. Some may like the music that's out and some may not. Today's music is the new generations of classics for the young'ns. I love music and I can't hate on that. Although some songs might be ridiculously bad that you and I might not even play it at home or in the car, but in the clubs, its a whole different story.. Some music are made to enjoy, and some music are just made to make people dance. That's my 2 genres on it.

Oh one more thing. I know muthafuckas who's like, "Yo that chicken noodle soup joint is WACK!!" But yo, when I spin that shit at the clubs, the same muthafuckas who said that be dancing and singing to it. The environment changes, the music changes, and so does the person.

oh there is definitely a difference between hip hop that you blaze too or drive around in the whip to and the shit in the clubs. if you got a bangin chic backin it up on you, you might even fuck around and chill to a couple reggaeton joints...lol. That being said, it's still not hip hop. The reason this shit is hot is because these artists pay the dj's to absolutely drown the public in this bullshit. And then people mistake familiarity w/ actually liking a song. That's why Nas says what he says ("If hip hop should die before I awake I'ma go to every station and murder the DJ").

btw- anyone caught dancing to "Chicken Noodle Soup" should be shot on the spot...no questions asked.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
I cant disagree with you Kurt the shit of today are the classics of tomorrow...The club is a diff world entirely...
But I would say to go WAY back in the day..HIPHOP woulda been say RUN -DMC but they wouldnt play it in the clubs down here.They would spin like FLY Girl 50 times instead..Of course thats a classic too , but I think the genre is the point, one is to dance and one....Hell I lost my point.

I agree with Buku

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
to me
hip hop is
a rhythm, a groove
auditory fluidity with a kick and a snare
music

it's individual between:
what you got to say + your ability to say it + merging production elements + your persona

people can say 1920s ny bar piano songs are dead.. the masses are gay

our music only seem's dead because it's too bigga business. rappers look at houses, cars, and women they could have if they jump through certain hoops. Soley out the hand of greed they sow, recievin the gold but decievin their folks. i think they call them seven deadlies because they cause death, i guess

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
hip hop aint dead .... the problem is everybody is frontin and hatin on each other... evrybody focusing on discrediting other peoples shit instead of making there own shit hot ... its not 1994 anymore .....people need to K.I.M and start making some original music .. Im not checkin for primo beatz anymore.. at the same time im not checkin for snap beats either..... both sides underground and club/commercial need to step it up and just make better more creative music and stop following these formulas......Im hearing the best beats in R&b and even pop right now... timbaland, darkchild, polow da don, rich harrison .. these guys are fucing up the game right now with some real creative shit ... alot of these guys dont do hip hop as much cuz of all the bullshit goin on.... timbo for example is on some other shit hes not tryin to stick to the same thing hes on another level right now with his production doin some crazy shit.... and im really really sick of people talking about how many bricks they move and how many gunz they shoot.. shit is real ridiciluos ... i dont understand why u would sell crack and ur a rapper making money ... doesnt add up ........i respect jay-z people say his album aint good but i just like the fact that dude is being honest about his life and his situation....... ... hip hop is all formulas nowdays... its either on some this is the new dance shit.... some gangsta drug talk shit.... or some i wish it was 94 again shit..... im liking r&b better than hip hop at the moment cuz at least they are switching up styles and making things interesting .. hip hop is boring me to death right now .. but the bullshit will cease..... life moves in cycles and so does hip hop

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
word Ash, you made some valuable points but RnB is wack now too man. What happen to smoov shit,,,now these young cats are on some straight foward,"I wanna fuck you tonite...",,,lol,,If you know of some other RnB that is good ,,,hit me up.

On another note, I am sick of cats wishin it was the 90's again. I do miss that music and style, and it was a great time to be a fan of Hip Hop music, but we do need to move on. I know my style of beats may be remeniscent of those days, but I try to stay contemporary because Boom Bap is a style and not an era....Holla.

eXampuL_oNe

LOW-PRO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Hip Hop is not dead. It's not what it used to be is all.. It has evolved to a crappy state right now, of course.. Atleast that's the way I look at it. We have tons and tons of these little branches off of hip hop.

Then again, I think too many people consider hip hop to be only "New York shit." It's like, "if it ain't from New York or the east coast it ain't hip hop." Not saying that's how everyone looks at it but alot of people that seem to be "stuck in the '90's tend to do so." I myself love early '90's hip hop and I also like alot of new shit no one considers to be hip hop. It's a self opinion, everyone's will be different.

I don't think Hip Hop is dead though. It's just not in the Lime Light..

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.

members online