Is it just me?

ill o.g.
Hey Im planning on selling my beats & services sometime this year probably but the way I think its like this I only want to sell my beats to artists that are "worthy" meaning I don't want to sell my beats to just anyone like joe blow who raps (and not well) understand?
Am I the only one who doesn't want to affiliate my name/rep/sound with a wannabe?
even if it means losing out on $$$?

sammy beats

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I think you got to protect your beats to a certain extent. But any exposure is good exposure in my book. Unless the rapper has absolutely no skills, people will still be able to hear how good the beat is and you can get your name out while makin a little money as well.

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
... a beat is a beat... money is money... God created the lease so you can sell the same beat to as many artists as necessary. That is...online. Offline...hopefully you can find a studio that'll end up being your "home studio" so you'll be able to really work w/ different artists...etc... feel me?

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Renegade said:
Hey Im planning on selling my beats & services sometime this year probably but the way I think its like this I only want to sell my beats to artists that are "worthy" meaning I don't want to sell my beats to just anyone like joe blow who raps (and not well) understand?
Am I the only one who doesn't want to affiliate my name/rep/sound with a wannabe?
even if it means losing out on $$$?

I feel u man, i got so many hot beats, i refuse to just waste them , i dont need money, Thats no my drive for making music. I much rather just put save my beats for the right person and produce entire albums.

to many cats are money hungry, thats why they have thin cataloges, casue they waste there good beats on any tom dick and harry

class.....

ill o.g.
no doubt Class I was just checkin if i has wrong or ignorant by doing so...cause I know down the road a crappy/medicore mc/artist is gonna want a hot beat I just don't know how to tell them "there not good enough" I dont want to come across so blunt but I want my point across.I also dont want people asking why I sold so and so a great beat and why am I not putting the same effort into them,or people wanting the best I got for minimal $$$ and they arent even worth it for lots of money,lol,I might be comming across rude or arogant but im not just my logic thats all.

ill o.g.
Renegade said:
...I just don't know how to tell them "there not good enough"...

I hear a lot of people say that the right way to do that is give em a real high price. Its win/win. You either dont give up the beat, or you make some big money.

light

Producer
ill o.g.
That sounds like the easyest way to let em down. Im definatley gonna use that one.
so simple so perfect.

BAUSMAN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea man... if u in it for the money just sell to anyone but if u can make beats for the art save 'em

S

Svenghali

I agree with you. I won't sell my tracks to the highest bidder with wack rhymes and garbs of glitter. A track can't sell itself. The artist plays a big role in the success of a song. Listen to Nelly's 1st and 2 albums, outside of the Neptunes Nelly made those tracks, the tracks didn't make him. You just gotta be sure to get someone that's going to perform up to the level of your tracks (as well as enhance them).

Arc.I.Tect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Well, just remember getting up in the game's all about building bridges and refusal of service definitely lights em up. Cuz lets say "MC Best Rapper" is pretty bad so you refuse to sell it to him. Dude goes into his house and practices his ass off comes back to be a REAL hot dude and you still got his info. He get signed and you see a way but dude remembers when ya dropped him. Dude'll prolly let you fall too. So you jsut gotta watch what you doin and how you doin. Cuz there been producers that turned me down cuz I wasn't all that hot and I mean I'm still practicin but I doubt that I'd help them really...