is it me or is the majority of this site is sample crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
all i read is sample..sample...sample. Where is the talent on here. Sampling is booming right now....but it wont always be here. They will be something else.....Hip-hop will forever change, from lyrics to production. Create your own style, try to create your own era, try to make your beats stand out from the rest. give the samples a rest, i mean how much can you sample. i mean the shit is good i did it myself, but that is not me. Let know what yall feel.

SpinDoctor

The Lovable Rogue
ill o.g.
Equelizer said:
all i read is sample..sample...sample. Where is the talent on here. Sampling is booming right now....but it wont always be here. Just like the crunk era we are going through. They will be something else.....Hip-hop will forever change, from lyrics to production. Create your own style, try to create your own era, try to make your beats stand out from the rest.
give the samples a rest, i mean how much can you sample. i mean the shit is good i did it myself, but that is not me. Let know what yall feel.

I sample and what u gotta understand is that alot of people wanna keep it how it was when hip hop started, thats where it began and it will be a part of hip hop forever, so what u said about the crunk era doesnt make sense, anyway, what u said about 'how much can u sample' there are loads of genres of music from different countries that u would never of heard, there is plenty of stuff to sample man. I suggest u watch "deep crates" and listen to some old school hip hop mayne.

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Give Me A Break!

Equelizer said:
all i read is sample..sample...sample. Where is the talent on here. Sampling is booming right now....but it wont always be here. Just like the crunk era we are going through. They will be something else.....Hip-hop will forever change, from lyrics to production. Create your own style, try to create your own era, try to make your beats stand out from the rest.
give the samples a rest, i mean how much can you sample. i mean the shit is good i did it myself, but that is not me. Let know what yall feel.

My friend, as much as i hate to be so direct: WHAT YOU WROTE = TOTAL BULLSHIT!

A. Sampling = Art. It takes as much talent and creativity as every other element in music-making and composition. If you sample (or avoid sampling) has nothing to do with how talented you are \ aren't.

B. I've actually created my own sub genre - you can call it ATMOSPHERIC HIP-HOP.
I have created my own 'era' (whatever that means, it is such a general term)
And i've MOST DEFINITELY made my beats stand out from the rest. And i'm a SAMPLIST! Now, how can that be!?!?!

C. "how much can you sample" - HOW MUCH CAN YOU COMPOSE YOUR OWN MELODIES? Don't ya get tired of doin' that!

D. Crunk has nothing to do with this debate :yes:

E. I'm sorry if i sound too direct, but c'mon man: SAMPLING HAS ALWAYS BEEN AN INTEGRAL PART OF HIP-HOP CULTURE, AND IT WILL ALWAYS CONTINUE TO BE AN ESSENTIAL ELEMENT OF HIP-HOP CULTURE. Period!

F. You need to learn music history in order to understand how important sampling is and has always been to the development and progression of music.

'Nuff Said :)

One Love,
Wings

RigorMortis

Army Of Darkness
ill o.g.
Word at Wings,,,
And do learn your history cos else you aint advancing shit, it is called the noobsyndroom.

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
I think this guy Equelizer (sic) posted this thread because to him, sampling is a new trend in hip hop begun by people like Kanye West, Alchemist, etc... and i think he's talking about looping, not sampling... I hope

Sampling is when you take a work of art (or piece of shit), near it's point of obscurity, reinterpretate it, and breathe life into it in a way that was either never meant to be (but good, nontheless) or in a way that pays tribute to the original creater of the object.

Poor guy fails to realize that even HE is a byproduct of sampling... EQ's mom squatted on his dad. They did a little remixing, mastering, and EQ'ing of their own, and with mom's drums and dad's samples, lil EQ was made.

Note: Hip hop is much deeper than synths, samples, cornchips, emcees, grafitti, b-boys, or Taco Bell. Each has it's place. Stay in your lane.

CampO

BEAT u DOWN
ill o.g.
IF people Like Sampling on this site who cares We just love the East Coast Hiphop that Started this whole thing right here . Cant Be hating on the Orginators

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
just stop talking, these posts are pointless, do ur thing let us do our thing

ill o.g.
If i could afford some good synths, just like everybody else, i think that i woulod be composing too, but not everybody has those funds and samplers tend to be less expensive and imo easier to come by.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
oohhhhh man. newbies, newbies, newbies. let me handle this guys.

stick with me kid. you'll be ok. i sense the force is with you, young one.

look, first, you got 16 posts. do not come here on some "ya'll need to quit......" rants, ok?

sampling is the ROCK upon which hip hop was built. END OF DISCUSSION.

now, perhaps it aint your thing, and thats all good and well. do your thing. but please.. spare us your anti-sampling rants. you just sound... uh stupid, really.

where is the creativity? lol... come off it... ayatollah... listen to "my life" by styles p andd pharoahe monch, and then listen "the long and winding road" by aretha franklin, and tell me this man isnt creative.

by the way, i dont sample. at all. i compose everything from scratch.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Dantson said:
I think this guy Equelizer (sic) posted this thread because to him, sampling is a new trend in hip hop begun by people like Kanye West, Alchemist, etc... and i think he's talking about looping, not sampling... I hope

Sampling is when you take a work of art (or piece of shit), near it's point of obscurity, reinterpretate it, and breathe life into it in a way that was either never meant to be (but good, nontheless) or in a way that pays tribute to the original creater of the object.

Poor guy fails to realize that even HE is a byproduct of sampling... EQ's mom squatted on his dad. They did a little remixing, mastering, and EQ'ing of their own, and with mom's drums and dad's samples, lil EQ was made.

Note: Hip hop is much deeper than synths, samples, cornchips, emcees, grafitti, b-boys, or Taco Bell. Each has it's place. Stay in your lane.

"Sampling is when you take a work of art (or piece of shit), near it's point of obscurity, reinterpretate it, and breathe life into it in a way that was either never meant to be (but good, nontheless) or in a way that pays tribute to the original creater of the object."

My point exactly dick sucker. Be your own originator, breathe life into your own shit....lazy ass nigga.

Kevin A

Differentiated Rebel
ill o.g.
Equelizer said:

This is a endless debate with infinate arguments on both sides. Your only true option is to be better at what you do, cause it will not change what others do. So what if he's sampling, you just have to be better at getting yours the way you get it. So if you don't sample, then you need musican quality work, because that's what samplers sample from.
Do you! Welcome to illmuzik!

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
hahahahahaaaa woooooooooooooooooo (HEY MODS, CAN I CRUSH HIM? PWEEASSEEE)

Let's hear some of your work, kid. Free promotion for you... I'll even buy a copy when you sell. HELL, I'll sample YOUR wack technobabble club pop and make a hotter track off of it.

By the way, stop saying nigga. It makes you look ignorant. I'm 50% black, 50% white, and 100% offended.

Oh yeah, welcome to illmuzik.com

Dork.

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
Cold Truth said:
oohhhhh man. newbies, newbies, newbies. let me handle this guys.

stick with me kid. you'll be ok. i sense the force is with you, young one.

look, first, you got 16 posts. do not come here on some "ya'll need to quit......" rants, ok?

sampling is the ROCK upon which hip hop was built. END OF DISCUSSION.

now, perhaps it aint your thing, and thats all good and well. do your thing. but please.. spare us your anti-sampling rants. you just sound... uh stupid, really.

where is the creativity? lol... come off it... ayatollah... listen to "my life" by styles p andd pharoahe monch, and then listen "the long and winding road" by aretha franklin, and tell me this man isnt creative.

by the way, i dont sample. at all. i compose everything from scratch.

my nigga.... i like that you compose from scratch....that means you are a real craftsman. and uh....you contradicted yourself....all that fussing and then you wrote......
"by the way, i dont sample. at all. i compose everything from scratch".[/QUOTE]
then shut the fuck up...

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Equelizer said:
. Create your own style, try to create your own era, try to make your beats stand out from the rest. give the samples a rest, i mean how much can you sample. i mean the shit is good i did it myself, but that is not me. Let know what yall feel.

Man ur askin for it, come on dude, for u to say that sampling dosent have its own style is crazy. You sounding ignorant

Now before u respond at me with some BS, i am from the south and i compose and i really dont feel that much east coast hip hop. But for you to say sampling dosent take skill is crazy. Hip hop will countine to evolve to many differnt froms, some with samples some without. It comes down to this, do you

your being real ignorant with some of your statements.

class...

Equelizer

BEAT HEAD LOCKER
ill o.g.
lets not get it twisted.....

Sampling is all good. Like I said I did it myself. My point was this, do any yall try to make your own stuff without using samples. Do you even try to come up with your own melodies and drum kits and etc. Cause every forum has something about sampling. Lets stop all the name calling and things. Sampling is the orginal sound of Hip-Hop, my point is we are just creating the same thing over and over. But hey i am not knocking nobody do you and damn me cause i am damn sure going to do me, I just wanted to see how many real beatsmith we got on here. My bad I made you niggas mad. See yall in THE BATTLES.

J Rilla

Tha Fresh Prince of L.A.
ill o.g.
Equelizer said:
my nigga.... i like that you compose from scratch....that means you are a real craftsman. and uh....you contradicted yourself....all that fussing and then you wrote......
"by the way, i dont sample. at all. i compose everything from scratch".
then shut the fuck up...[/QUOTE]
Yo did he just tell Truth to shut the fuck up....ha ha ha ha this is comedy

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
HEY TRUTH!!!! BRING EM OUT BRING EM OUT BRING EM OUT!!

I like this kid. He has balls. HUGE balls. Next you need to grow a penis.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
yeah, its hilarious. he's on his way out already.......... but lets chill out and give him a chance, he is new and all.

by the way, the "battles" happen once per month and have rules to them, you may want to check em out first.

you have to have something in the showcase first, and then have 50 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online