Is it really important to get the latest software?

A

Autotune

I'm here to learn, especially on how to make my own beat.
My first question is, is it really a "must" to get the latest/best equipment/software? in order to achieve the best output.
Thanks in advance

JaxxForever

ILLIEN
Big No. Your expensive software/equipment will be a waste if you don't have the enough skills or talent to make a good music.
Its not about the software. ...Its about the music you make. Both software and hardware are just part of the formula.
Concentrate on choosing a software that works for you and focus in making a good song.

nobodyelse

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
Bare, Bayer, Bear!!

Learning what works for you, and maximizing that to it's full potential is key.

slik da relic

RS Jedi
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
im still usin hardware guy... learn what u have, and u wont need anything new for yrs to come, otherwise, you will get caught up in the whole, "i need that now bcuz it does this" and the next thing u know, u will have all types of software/hardware in the house, with no music to show for it.. not to mention, all the money youve spent.. do ur research, select what u need, and get it... these days, u dont need much... a $100,000 studio comes in a box for a few hundred.

da relic

JaxxForever

ILLIEN
im still usin hardware guy... learn what u have, and u wont need anything new for yrs to come, otherwise, you will get caught up in the whole, "i need that now bcuz it does this" and the next thing u know, u will have all types of software/hardware in the house, with no music to show for it.. not to mention, all the money youve spent.. do ur research, select what u need, and get it... these days, u dont need much... a $100,000 studio comes in a box for a few hundred.

da relic

Agree. Rock with Fl Studio or suck with a big studio/vice-versa

members online