Is the Quality the same??????????

MeLoDrUmMaDiLL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Wassup y'all...I just want to ask those who r using software ONLY for producing... Did y'all compare ur final product with a friend who is using software n also hardware? Is the quality the same? Or the sound is lacking of something? i'm asking this cuz i want to use only software for producing cuz i can't afford any hardware...btw..Wat's the cheapest n the best essential hardware i can get?......Sorry if i ask too much..Just a Newbie..:)

Peace.!

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
hello and welcome to the family.
software = hardware. word for word.
the only piece of hardware you might need is a midi keyboard (a controller).

elkito

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
depends wot the material is..
if u record a trumpet thru a cheap soundcard and cheap mic and compare it to one recorded thru a vintage valve mic and valve desk then the diff. is nite and day
but theres alot of middle ground.

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I got a triton, MpC, Vs 1680 , A Moog, a shure condensor, and it's cats on this site that I wouldn;t wanna see, who use free fruit loops and reason.

mod1

ILLMUZIK Bell-Boy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I'ma tell u like this,I only use software (FL Studio Producer Edition) ,and my beatz sound professional.Just like they said,it's all how u use it man!
My software quality sound better than A local rap artist that lives in Baton Rouge,LA who uses hardware.That's all I got 2 say,dude!

elkito

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
tru say..

if ur musics ish...then ur music ish no matter how "clear" it sounds
but there is summink to be said for the known quality of gear... u cant deny a drumkit (well) recorded thru valve a desk sounds better than fruity samples..theres harmonic frequencies, overtones bla bla that u just aint got in many samples

so there :p

MeLoDrUmMaDiLL

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Thankx y'all for the great response...hmmz...Ok..wat's with using free stuff?? It ain't bad in my view..but i'm not doing it..hehe..;) ....So i can see that fruity loops n reason is the most popular software used by many cats in here...But i want to know..which is better? i familiar in using fruity loops...hmmz..:confused:

Peace!

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
Reson is the shit dog, Im new too (I jus talk alot) and if I had to recommend somethin to you it would be reason, but then again its all preference. I picked up an mpc(didnt really need it though) it does alot of the same things as reason BUT (here comes the only difference between hardware and software) it comes down to whether you feel more comfortable creating music hands-on (like bangin out drum patterns on the mpc) or if your like me and you like to just point and click away. I know how you're feelin right now so you prolly want like suggestions on what to get so Ill give my SUGGESTION but dont take it as god's word because you can do alot of things.

-First thing I dont know what kind of computer you got but I had to get another Mac because my programs almost seriously fucked up my Dell, I got an emac works pretty good for me.
-Reason, check out this site http://www.propellerheads.se/ and look up what reason does.
-Reload,Recycle-go with reason Reload changes file formatts so that you can use them with recycle which is used for sampling.
-You're going to need a midi controller, sumthin like a Triton (its a Keyboard) which is a very good machine but you could also use other Keyboards with very good results like a Roland.
-Protools Mbox-now I dont know if you plan on editing or not, but when I first started I thought mbox was like the holy grail or somethin but its not.
-get some sample cd's, check out www.banginbeats.com

That about it I think again its just a suggestion.

members online