Is there a VST that can replicate the sound of an half-in plugged headphone?

• beat this! (may 1-2) signup begins in...

DJ Wax-Turtle

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Is there a VST that can replicate the sound of an half-in plugged headphone?

I sometimes find a sample sounding dope when i only put the jack of my headphones half-in in...

but was wondering if there's a VST which can replicate that effect.

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
i dont really know what sound you're describing but u can try a mix of any eq, isotope vinyl (which is free) or rc 20 maybe (which aint) im assuming the sound is something like a really faded highpass filter

Crispifier

The Real SlimSpaceship
Battle Points: 15
so in rc 20 you have magnetic and digital interferance it might be what you're looking for, you can toggle the ammount and how much it fluctuates etc, its just a really solid plugin period since its so versatile (however i am a total shill for this vst hahah) but i cant say for sure wether this is what you're thinking. an example of a preset in this plugin is making things sound like an old 8 track casette for example which i think sounds real neat

Attachments

• rc 20.jpg
    rc 20.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 88
Battle Points: 153
@DJ Wax-Turtle You could try Fabfilters Saturn 2, its a multiband distortion, saturation and amp modeling plug-in, with lots of modulation options.
It has some crazy presets which might give the sound you looking for bro, i think it has a 30 day trial version so worth giving a shot imo ;)

members online