is there a way?

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
to make your drums blend better into a track? is there a method to make drums kinda like melt into the track. i can't seem to do this. i tryed messing wid volumes and eq but when i listen too my tracks the drum patterns really stick out. it seems when i listen too my beats i only hear the drums it don't seem to blend right.... any tips for an amatuer....that kid/

Honesty

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
use better drums sounds... it may seem like I'm being a smartass... but it begins with getting good samples to begin with and choosing the correct sounding kick/snare to correspond w/ the mood you're setting... after that, it's all in the mix... drop the levels on everything and bring up every track according to how important you deem it... (ex... since you want your drums to blend into the rest of the track, bring up your main instruments first and tuck your drums under the instrument)... I'm not a big fan of lots of EQ'ing... It's alright to tweak here, take away a little here...etc... but if you find you're EQ'ing on more than 1 band, it's time to find a different sound...

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
start wid a clean kick snare and then drop levels on everything but instruments- i got it i'll definately try that. i think my problem is just throwing a drum or snare in the mix without any thought of what the mood is or what i'm tryin to accomplish. thanks for advice- that kid

anyone else got any good tips or secrets they wanna share?

ghostmusic

ill o.g.
All the mixing advice above is great, what you should also do is tune your drums for every track. Even the drum sounds carry a musical pitch.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
how do you tune a drum? i'm new at this..... that kid

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
and, of course, most song demand a specific drum (generally speaking)... I mean, if you want a smooth, chill beat, dont up a loud hard kick... you could, but it's certain to stick out if you do...

and dont stick with the sounds you got with the program you're using... look on the net, you'll find a bunch of great quality sound for free...

BTW, I see that you're asking all sorts of questions lately... that's good, man... I hope the answers you're getting are useful and are helping you improve.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
thanks to all...... that kid

K

KardiacKids

To find out how the drums sit well in the mix, turn the whole mix down really low, and then compare the levels to see what is the most loud. If it is the drums turn them down a little and then they might sit better in the mix.

WORDAMOUPH

NUPHONIX PRODUKTIONS
ill o.g.
YO Use filters, drop the frequenzies on your kicks make em sound rugged slow down your snare and filter that too

mono

the invisible visible
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
always good to take drumtracks out of the center, like stereo drums, pan left and right to how much it needs to leave enough space for the bass. its not only that, youll add a little reverb to the bass f.e., make softer instruments some more outer stereo range than the drums are+ plus youll have to experiment with simple eqs and compressors, sometimes a bit distortion does it (i wouldnt use compression before using other effects, but theres no axiomatic rules, everybody has got something that works best for him)
samples have to be good quality as well. i guess thats why its called mixing, theres no 1 thing you can do to blend in, you scoop your ingridients closer together until its a mix.

members online