Is There Any Mpc4000 User Here...

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
JUS BOUGHT THE MPC4000

I AM A CURRENT OWNER OF A MPC3000... THE 2000XL... AND NOW THE 4000

AND SINCE MY STUNT WITH THE 3000... I PUT THIS BABY THRU MY MUST DO TEST AND IT PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS...

I'M TELLING YALL 3000 USER... AND 2000XL... THIS ISN'T NO 1000 THIS BABY THE REAL DEAL... ENDED UP BUYING IT AT GTC... WELL WORTH IT...

HAS SOUNDS OUT THE BOX... SO WHILE I'M SITTING IN MY BED 2NIGHT FIGUIRING OUT THE FULL POTENTIAL OF THE SEQUENCER AND THE POWER OF THIS MACHINE.....

YALL CRITICS CAN HATE ... BUT THIS IS ANOTHER BEUTY THAT KEEPS ON THE MPC TRADITION..

Sober

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I think the mpc 4000 is a nice piece of equipment but not worth the price tag it carries. Also why would you want 3 mpcs? whats the benefit there? sell your 2000xl and 3000 and get a dope synth or some studio monitors of you already don't have them. Just a suggestion...

themucka

ill o.g.
@ sober IMA PUT A THREAD ON WHY THIS THING DESTROY THE REST.... OF THE MPC 2MORROW...

IT JUS HAPPENED ME HAVING ALL THREE... I AM SELLING THE 2000XL AND THE 3000.. CHECH EBAY THIS WEEK... AS WELL AS MY MO PHAT....

I JUS HAD EXTRA MONEY AND RATHER THAN WAIST AT THE CLUBS...
I WANTED 2 SEE IF THIS WAS A GOOD IVESTMENT... I CAN ALWAYS REUTRN IT...
BUT AS OF NOW I DONT SEE THAT HAPPENING

GOT 2 DAY RLND 5050
HAVE A MOTIF../TRTION/,ICROKORG..

SO I DON'T NEED ANY MORE SYNTHS... PLUS I HAVE A JUNO 106.. AND JX-3P

HAVE 2 SEND MY BOARD IN...32/8... NEEDS 2 BE CLEANED.. AND FIXED..

AND SPKRS I'M STRAIT...

BUT ANOTHER REASON THIS THINGS GANGSTA... I CAN HAVE 20 DIFFERENT PROGRAMS LOADED AND ABLE 2 USE IN THE SAME SEQUENCE..

SO I CAN HAVE A FUNKY DRUMS ... DOWN SOUTH SET... WEST COAST... EAST COAST... OL SKOOL... PRC SAMPLES... VOCALS SAMPLES... EVERYTHING READY 2 USE.. IN THE SONG...

PLUS THEY ADDED 2 MORE BANKS... EFX IS TIGHT...

SOUNDS ARE DOPE ENUFF 2 MAKE A SLAMMING TRACK OUT THE BOX...

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Mucka,

Post your ebay link, some people here may want to take that MoPhatt off your hands.

Take care,

Nick

themucka

ill o.g.
will do ima take pics 2 morrow i will have the 3000 the 2000 and the mo phat up 4 sale... evn tho i might trade my man an oz of blueberry hydro for that piece....

also selling my 3080/.. since i got the 5050.. with srx expansions

dont worry 1st thing 2morrow ima post it up...
i'm 2 tired 2 do it 2night... plus my 4000 so big i can't pull my rack out 2 type on my keyboard... i got 2 stand.. 2 tell you this....

don't worry.... tho ima post the .....(3080/2000xl fully loaded... 3000.. aall the memory with zip drive... and if my boy fakes the mo phat..

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
To buy a 4000 or to just get a 2000 xl all depends on your style. Im not a heavy sampler. My mpc is really use for drums and maybe some efx. Other then the drums 90 to 95 percent of my production comes out my motif. The mpc 4000 is a monster but its not for everybody. Depending on the producer the mpc 4000 aint doing nothing a 2000 xl cant do it self. Not pointing the finger at you Themucka but i think alot of people just get stuff and dont even really know if they really need it or not just because its new what was once hot in the past wont work with them. Thats like buying a Lambo in a town where the speed limit is no higher then 45mph.

themucka

ill o.g.
AT FAME KAYZZ.. I AGREE WITH YOU..

BUT THE BEUTY OF THE 4000... IS YOU CAN HAVE 128 DIFFERENT DRUM PROGRAMS USING THE AT THE SAME TIME UNLIKE 2000XL WHERE YOUR LIMITED TO 4(DRUMS A,B,C,D) AND THE 3000 WITH IT ONE PROGRAM ALLOWED..
4 MIDI OUTS WHICH I LUV CUZ NOW
I CAN SEND 1 OUT 2 MY MOTIF/1 TO MY TRITON/AND ONE TO MY NEW 5050

ON MY 2000XL I HAD ONE OUT-- 2MY RLND3080- AND TRITON.. AND THE NEXT MIDI OUT 2 MY MO PHAT- AND MOTIF...

MY SUPER NOVATION KEYBRD.. IS MY MASTER GOING IN MY (MIDI IN)
AND PRO TOOLS WAS MY MASTER CONTROLING MY MPC(MIDI IN)

I USE A WIDE RANGE OF SOUNDS SO THAT WHY I NEVA LET MY CLIENTS DOWN..
I ALWAYS FIND WHAT LOOKING FOR SOUND WISE...

I TRULY FEEL PEOPLE IN THE NEXT YEAR OR 2... WILL SEE THE POWER OF THIS MACHINE(4000) IT A 3000 AND A 2000 IN ONE...

AND THE 1ST TIME IN MY LIFE THAT I SAMPLE A DRUM.. AND IT SOUND THE SAME AFTER BEING SAMPLED... MPC WISE...

NO MUFFLED HIGH END..(3000)
DOESN'T THIN THE SOUND OUT (2000XL)

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I feel ya and i read your mpc 3000 compare to 2000 xl and i got to smile cause i do really only use 1 drum kit. If the mpc 4000 was gift or i got the money from my producution to get one i would. Im happy with my xl. I now do most of my seq in Nuendo now days. i really just use the xl to get the track pre arange. Then ill record every track into nuendo buy it self for about 8 to 16 bars.... Loop it about 5 times then make a new "SAVE AS project" Then just start cutting out sounds...that i dont want to play at points in the beats. This is easy for me cause i make my beats with the hook first then i subtract sounds for the verse...then i add a change up then i just dumb it all in the computer. I do all of this in one seQ. I got to get some use of them 64 tracks on the mpc! But hows MIA!

P

Paradox

I heard the the sequencer on the 4000 was tighter than the 2000xl is this true??

themucka

ill o.g.
YO THIS THINGS DOES EVERYTHING TITTA THAN OTHER ONES...

THE ONLY DIFFERENCE... ON THE 3000 YOU CAN ENTER THE TRACK NAME WHILE PLAYING...(IN THE 4000 JUS LIKE 2000XL YOU CAN'T DO THIS...)

AND ON NOTE REPEAT. ON THE 4000 IT'S IF YOUR OFF IT LETS YOU KNOW YOU OFF.
UNLIKE THE 2000XL..(WHERE IF YOU HOLD .. SHIFT AND TAP TEMPO/NOTE PREPEAT
IT WILL DIGUISE IT.. AND EVERYTHING YOU PLAY IS ON BEAT...

BUT I'M SURE THERE A WAY AROUND IT..(HITTING THE PAD ON BEAT... OR CHANGING A SETTING..

THE 4000 GOT 126 DIFF.. PRG YOU CAN USE SIMULTANIEUSLY.. 80 GB.. OF MEMORY..

YOU CAN SET IT SO WHEN YOU TURN IT ON ALL THOSE KITS LOAD UP...
FUNK DRUMS/DIRTY SOUTH DRUMS/ OL SKOOL/ SAMPLES/.. EFX...LIKE BOMBS ISH
PRC SETS... IT'S DIRTY PLUS 4 MIDI OUTS...

THIS THING THE BEST SHIT AKAI MADE... MAD PROPS 2 THEM.. THE SCREEN IS BEUTIFULLL.2...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
how much are u selling the 2000xl for???

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
Hey Mucka don't laugh at me either but what do you think of the Roland MC-909 sampling groovebox compared to the MPC 4000. 2nd place, honorable mention what? I'm not trying to quiz you either but I have heard and played with the 909 at the music store- its Hot, I wish I had it but what sets the 4000 apart from all others. I just want to know because I'm in line to purchase something you know Christmas is coming!

themucka

ill o.g.
THE 4000 IS JUS IT'S OWN BEAST...

RIGHT NOW THO.. I KUNDA PISS HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MAKING TRAKS MULTI..

AND ITS NOT THAT IT DESTROY THE REST IT JUS DIFFERENT FROM THEM IN A GOODWAY...

AND THE SEQ EDITING IS SO NASTY... PLUS 50GB.. MEMORY... MY SHIT LOADS IN SECS.. AND THE SOUND ON THIS BABY IS NICE ... CRYSTAL CLEAR

AND ABOUT THAT 909 I MESSED WITH IT A COUPLE TIMES..
BUT THAT JUS A DRUM MACHINE I THINK....

THE MPC'S ARE IN ONE DEVICES...

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
Originally posted by themucka

I TRULY FEEL PEOPLE IN THE NEXT YEAR OR 2... WILL SEE THE POWER OF THIS MACHINE(4000) IT A 3000 AND A 2000 IN ONE...

They gave it the wrong name...it should be a 5000xxl....lol

members online