It's Not What You Have It's What You Can Do

• beat this! voting starts in...
Status
Not open for further replies.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
After looking at a lot of the post in the Production Equipment thread I would just like to say that a person can have an MPC4000 with every top sound module out and still be wack as hell..........Look at Swizz Beatz ......This guy made millions off of bullshit and the only thing about his style has changed is that he might sample a lil more in his case he was lucky ....because if Dee and Wah ( co-founders of ruff ryders and his uncles!!!! ) He wouldn't have made a dime and you hear some tracks on fruity loops that sounds 100 times better than any of his......Me I have fruity loops but I don't have the patients for making beats on th pc but I do have a mpc200xl I was running with an asrx but I Just got a triton Rack mount....at first I was scared to get it because of Swizz Beatz he made the keyboard seem as if it can only sound one way but after using it for about 2 months I must say that Swizz is truly Talentless and lazy The mahine has many sounds and it depends on the user on how it comes out...... One thing I used to do with fruity loops is sample the sounds into the mpc ..... In conclusion wether you use hardware or software
if you're hungry and willing to work hard you're going to end up making some shit..........My cousin also produces and he sold 4 tracks from fruity loops to another producer that's in the game.....

B

BeatOff

Some people on here are brainwashed with the whole hardware obsession. As for swizz beats he's a joke. You know he didnt even produce that "Good Times" beat for Styles P. He bought it from some cat in Atlanta who made it for this rapper named Big Dawg or something for 20 grand then stamped his name on it. If i can get a copy from my sister of the original one for big dog i'll post it up for all yall to see this fuckin phony.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Swizz sucks ass. If that's true with him buying a beat from another producer, that's just wack, he shouldn't be considered a producer then.

But yeah the whole hardware thing is played out. It's nice to have a little of both, I'm not saying that a person with just FruityLoops is gonna win a grammy, but they can do some serious damage.

B

BeatOff

Oh believe me its 100% the truth about swizz i'll post that shit up for yall i'm gonna have my sister send me the track

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Fade- I wouldn't say hardware is played out....Hardware is needed period......If a person has to pay for studio time there are a lot of studios don't have pc's or the software....Hardware is a must but if used properly with software you can have the ultimate 1 - 2 punch.........I just started getting in to laying shit down with an artits I have and cubase works wonders with vocals and gives you the 50$ an hour studio sound you need

Fade and Beat off-- Here in New york there are just as many ghost producers as there are ghost writters........Clark kent , RZA , Mannie Fresh (not in new york but still doesn't always make his own ) and many others buy beats to stamp their name on it......My cousin Got 20 G's for the four he sold......5 G's a joint from one of the names mentioned

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
yep i agree you can have all the gear in the world as swizz beatz no doubt has and still be put out wack beats ! True talent can make a beat out of anything ! Thats the difference between a dope producer and a shit producer one can make a beat out of anything and the other can be given all the latest shit and will still sound wack !

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
I'm 100% sure that if more than have of us on illmuzik had uncles with long money and a record lable we would be rich but we have to work for it ......But as we all see it's not what you know it's who you know...........Not many people want things handed to them I'm one of them if it was handed it to me I wouldn't be able to be happy.......WITHOUT A STRUGGLE SUCESS IS NOT ENJOYABLE

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Sorry, I didn't mean that hardware is played out, I meant that the whole hardware "debate" is played out!

But ya hardware + software is the best setup nowadays.

Q

Ques

on the minds of many, you cant put all on those who buy or produce. the only thing that matter is what can you do with it. software is a luxury and hardward is gold. what really needs to be done. more site and info on the art from heads who are willing to put real skillz to the test. me, myself and swizz know what i talking about. need a beat yo put ques on.

Skillz - ghostwriter

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by Ques
on the minds of many, you cant put all on those who buy or produce. the only thing that matter is what can you do with it. software is a luxury and hardward is gold. what really needs to be done. more site and info on the art from heads who are willing to put real skillz to the test. me, myself and swizz know what i talking about. need a beat yo put ques on.

Skillz - ghostwriter
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
It is true, good equipment doesn't make you a good producer.... but bad equipment might make you a bad producer... I all depends on your very own production-style. I for myself think tha software is sometimes overrated to...

P.S. I don't like Swizz.... Didn't DMX called his music "whiteboymusic"? ;)

M

Mcrob

It is good to start off of the software especially if you can't afford the hardware but I believe that it's benefical to have hardware because of the things that it can do. Personally I am saving my money for the mpc 2000xl and I am not going to automatically say that I am wicked just as I purchase it! Once you learn your equipment inside out then you are wicked....

and yes Swish Beats is fucking shit. His beats sucks

B

BeatOff

Originally posted by Mcrob
It is good to start off of the software especially if you can't afford the hardware but I believe that it's benefical to have hardware because of the things that it can do. Personally I am saving my money for the mpc 2000xl and I am not going to automatically say that I am wicked just as I purchase it! Once you learn your equipment inside out then you are wicked....

and yes Swish Beats is fucking shit. His beats sucks

I'm just curious as to "The things that hardware can do" you do realize most hardware technology is over 10 years old. So what does hardware do that software cant? A mpc can only hold 32 megs of ram vs my computer that holds over 600 megs. I have a MPC and trust me it makes things more difficult than they should be.

D

D-Cypha Soulz

yo computers programs are just as good if not better than mpcs and shit...mpc's, sp-1200, shit that's a computer too, just smalller...

Treynine39

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Damn, ya'll got it made. I've been producing tracks for years with only a Roland MC 505 and a digital 4 track. But cats are feeling my tracks, so it's all good.

J Cro

Hulkamaniac
ill o.g.
its all about the creativity. there are guys who can beatbox better shit then some people can produce. and thats jus using ur vocal chords.

hardware vs software.. lol vs vocal chords.. it doesnt matter. its all a matter of the creative force behind the music

joeburnem

Beat Enthusiast
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 100
Software is great. I've just begun to use Plasma.
When I use this program I feel like I 'm cheating a little.

I much rather make tracks with my Akai S20 & s950. The music has a very raw feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online