It's Over , looking for early feedback

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
Nice intro, drums give the track high energy and nice filter work at 1:30. The extra kick in the middle at 0:20 (and throughout) sounds a little forced/unnatural. The bass line fits good for the most part, but at the end it goes off key and doesn't connect, creating a "dead end" is best to describe it (0:38, 1:38). At 1:10 the changeup is something that I don't like. It's creating dissonance with the reverb. The horns at 1:52 go really well with the vibe of the beat, nice touch.

TBH i've heard better from you but nonetheless with some finetuning this beat could work. Keep it up!

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
@Declik thanks for the kind words brotha
@TWU appreciate the detailed feedback. Yea I was definitely iffy about that hook section, I think there is a key change in the song so something isn't kosher when layering that section in. I'll also check out that bass line resolution. Appreciate you dawg.

Powerful production :fire: :fire::fire:

If it's a draft then there's not really much to change as it sounds very nice.:giggle: Perfect drums in my opinion both when it comes to the sample choices and the pattern. Bass fits perfectly to the rest of the instruments and acts like some kind of glue that joins all other elements in a great way. Mix is well done as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that I would change or remove completely is that weird high range keys (?), organs (?) that appear around 1:12 mark and later around 2:12. Very annoying sound in my opinion and from what I could read above @TWU mentioned it too. You could also add a little bit of variety to the arrangement. Maybe try to create a little pauses here and there to make the overall dynamic of the beat spicier.

Other than it's a top notch beat. :cool:

:brofist:

Levels need to come down a bit, sounds like you’re going into the red. @1.11 just sounds way out to the rest of the mix. I’d get rid of that or clean it up. Distortion on the track if intentional is over done in my opinion.

The beat itself though is great, really like the groove and vibe just sonically it’s the mix that needs work.
Real potential with this one man.

Hi guys,
This is an early version of a new project. looking for any feedback. Thank you in advance.
Hey bro your beat is fireee!! I like how you added a sample into the intro, very nice man. It gives me sort of an old school hip-hop type of vibe, and I love it! Feel free to check out some of my work and leave some feedback as well. Links are below :)

I really like the beat, the reverb on the snare really stands out to me and personally Id tone it back a little bit so it works better with the other drum sounds you are using. I also agree with @TWU regarding the bassline, the very last couple notes of the "loop" are offkey, not in the scale of the track. Its a first draft, with with a few little tweaks its a banger.

members online