It's the real That Guy, accept no substitutions

That Guy

Glad to be here; it's the first production forum I've joined since Warbeats closed down back in the day. I've always thought forums were the best format for discussing music production, rather than Reddit or other forms of social media where memes and internet points get in the way.

I've been making beats since 2006 and I'll be doing it for the rest of my life. I'm not trying to get rich or famous, I just want to be able to express myself in the universal language of music and maybe collaborate with some like-minded people. I don't sample much outside of drum breaks; I've always preferred to compose originals whenever possible. As for equipment I have a small, humble setup that consists of:

Keyboard/drumpads - Akai MPK 249
Headphones - Sennheiser HD 280 pro
Speakers/Subwoofer - Bose Companion II

The only things I can say for sure about my style are that I prefer orchestral sounds over synth-based beats, and I've studied dub/reggae enough that I include elements of it in most of my projects now. I try to keep an open mind and be experimental since I have so many sounds at my disposal.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome to illmusic. Your background sounds very similar to mine, I prefer to compose, I also do a little reggae and have been making music for over 20 years. Now its the new year and I just got my laptop back up and running Im good for some more collabs. Look forward to hearing some of your work.

members online