i've read all posts on recording vocals- but.....

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
i use a 12 doller computer mic anyone use one and know how to make good sounding vocals with it? i get static when i turn my vocals up loud.....any way to combat this problem- that kid

Chrono

polyphonically beyond me
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
if your serious about vocals then save your money and buy a better mic. if your not employed, then get a job and save for a new soundcard too. gl kid, ohhyea you might want to run a lowpass filter on your vocals after you record them

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
yea could work, might lose some sound integrity tho....best idea i could come up with as well

P_1

One of THE OG MEMBERS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 38
man i still get static and im using a condenser mic. but yea get a condenser mic and a good mic in pre

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
no dout- that kid......

PhleX

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
turn ur vocals down and turn ur beat up a bit then mess with that maybe to get rid of the static ... or put a low endd vocal gate on

Shwaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
The static comes from dirty power. The power you get from the walls in your house is dirty. It jumps around in voltage; it isn't a clean even signal. In a recording studio the power is regulated so its clean, and you get less of that annoying hum. If you have a laptop, try recording running on the battery. You will notice the difference. Also, Adobe Audition has some noise plug-ins that it comes with. You lose some of the dynamics of the vocals when you use them, but if your careful you can get rid of a lot of that hum.

members online