J. Dilla’s Mom Gets Hundreds Of Unreleased Tapes, Artifacts, Manuscripts

cristapu

Im not sure, if this is already here, but I didnt see it.
Well, I think yall should like this

rip_j_dilla.jpg

Fans around the world will now have the chance to hear new, previously unheard material by J.Dilla, thanks to a record store owner in Detroit, who discovered hundreds lost tapes and other material created by the producer.
Maureen “Ma Dukes” Yancey is now in possession of hundreds of tapes created and produced by her son J. Dilla, who died of February 10, 2006 from Lupus.
The treasure trove of J.Dilla material was found by Jeff Bubeck, who owns the Royal Oak-based record store UHF.
Bubeck was cleaning out an abandoned storage unit storage he took control of, when he found over 7,000-8,000 records, notebooks, notes and other handwritten artifacts by J.Dilla.
In an exclusive Q&A with AllHipHop.com, Ms. Yancey revealed that Bubeck declined offers from around the world to sell J.Dilla’s material and returned a box of original beat tapes, letters and other items.
“It was overwhelming to see this handwriting again and to see how he marked his records, with his silver marker,” Ms. Yancey told AllHipHop.com. “That was his favorite color, the silver marker.
According to Ms. Yancey, J. Dilla, born James Dewitt Yancey, left to record in California, but before he left, he wanted to sell over 20,000 albums from his collection.
Jonathan Taylor, who is the business manager for The J.Dilla Foundation, said that the producer’s collection simply became scattered after his death.
“He chose which ones [records] he wanted,” Taylor told AllHipHop.com. “He took the ones he wanted and those that were left, were from eight years ago.”
Ms. Yancey and Jonathan Taylor wanted to express their gratitude to Jeff Bubeck for returning the material and not thinking about a turning a profit off of the valuable material that he discovered.
“He is my hero. He truly is,” Ms. Yancey told AllHipHop.com of Bubeck. “It was really good to be with him and to see him and to see the type of person he was. He just broke down, because he’s a remarkable father and understood.”
Check back tomorrow for a full Q&A with Ms. Yancey and Jonathan Taylor of the J.Dilla Foundation.

20120428-194319.jpg

Dayum, I cant wait to hear all of them. What yall think?

info is taken from allhiphop.com Im not sure if this is spamming or not. If it is, sorry, Just wanted that yall know.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
The files are too big and would have to be broken down into smaller files requiring multiple uploads which would take about a month of non-stop uploading...and for me that would equal about a year...lol. Most of it is .wav files and a lot of it is in MPC format. It would take too long to even attempt.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
The files are too big and would have to be broken down into smaller files requiring multiple uploads which would take about a month of non-stop uploading...and for me that would equal about a year...lol. Most of it is .wav files and a lot of it is in MPC format. It would take too long to even attempt.

I would do it and give the loot to his people, without hesitatin.
Dope story good shit.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
That would be a very honorable thing to do, I'm just not into the idea of marketing someone elses stuff. I could see how that could possibly cause more problems than good. Besides, his family has the files now and they can do it right vs anyone else releasing his stuff without their blessings on it.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I think what dude did was awesome...

A true fan of his music. I think what Dilla done was unappreciated. I don't put him in my top, but the guy was hip-hop to the core...

LP*

ILLIEN
Ya that's awesome the guy gave all the stuff back to his moms. There's still good people in the world!!! lol
@Dac I'm jealous....
Dilla is one of my favorite producers

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Yeah, it's really good to have but I use it for reference material only. For me it's not so much having it that's all that great but dilla had some killa concepts and that's really what I find very useful to me. I don't try to rework any of his work, I take notes on things like his beat structure, sample choice, and the way he chops. It's almost like having a cursed blessing...lol.

It's not only dilla, I have some ultra rare ish from a lot of other artist that would blow your mind...from live studio sessions to multitrack stems...I've never asked my contact how he gets this stuff and he's never voluntarily told me so I just leave it alone but I won't ever reject it...lol.

LP*

ILLIEN
Yeah, it's really good to have but I use it for reference material only. For me it's not so much having it that's all that great but dilla had some killa concepts and that's really what I find very useful to me. I don't try to rework any of his work, I take notes on things like his beat structure, sample choice, and the way he chops. It's almost like having a cursed blessing...lol.

It's not only dilla, I have some ultra rare ish from a lot of other artist that would blow your mind...from live studio sessions to multitrack stems...I've never asked my contact how he gets this stuff and he's never voluntarily told me so I just leave it alone but I won't ever reject it...lol.

Dilla did have some ill concepts. And thats whats up! Dudes probly hiding in the studio till everybody leaves than he comes out and jacks everything lol....

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Sweet connect bro.
Any ez moe bee gems you care ta share?
No, unfortunately not, other than the stuff he's released with Bad Boy, Big Daddy Kane, Wu Tang and so on...but he's still around so I'm sure he's got his shhh on lock.

@LP* - yeah I agree...it's pretty dope to leave such big catalog behind as well. I really do hope his people cash in on it.

On a side note...I think it's great that dilla left music behind BUT his family was really lucky to get it back before cats started cashing in on it. I've had his material since late 2010, it's amazing to me that it got out so quick. Anyway, if you guys are piling up the beats, be sure to let someone you can trust have access to it so they can put it in the right hands, just in case.