Ja Rule & Minister Farrakhan Interview - New Found Respect!

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I saw the interview with Ja Rule & Minister Farrakhan and I have to admit, I have a lot more respect for Ja, because he was man enough to sit down and open up and it seems he actually does want to squash his beef with 50 Cent. I think many people jumped on the I hate Ja Rule bandwagon since 50 Cents blew up but this to me seems like Biggie Tupac all over again on a smaller scale. When will we learn this is Hip-Hop Music not a fuckin gangsta movie, let's just be musicians, and artists, and rappers, and lyricists, and DJ's, and Producer, and Engineers, etc. You guys may feel differently about Minister Farrakhan but putting religion aside you have to admit that Minister Farrakhan is a viable Black Leader today when we virtually have no black leaders or anyone for that matter that will stand up, and for him to drop some positive knowledge on a young brotha, you have to commend that. 50 Cents already said in an interview he did with Talid Kweli that he wishes he was a conscious rapper and more positive, well now is his chance! You can still sell records these without killin niggas, or maybe you can't. What do you guys think about this?

F

FOKIS

If IM not mistaken I heard Ja talkin about violence and dissin 50 on his album, so I question "what is the real purpose behind the interview?" Why would come out with an album like this if he was tryin to end this so called beef. Its all some bullshit to me. Either way it goes its all about the record sales and money to them.

soundboy2

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I would try to respect that, but for one all this happens a day before his album drops. Come on man, Then the first single is "clap back",

I aint feeling it all the way. I hope something happens cause I'm tired of hearing about it.

Kiss and make up or shut the hell up.

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah I feel you fellas, what ever Ja did to 50 can't be that fucking bad, I mean these guys are RICH!!! God damn fuckin focus on making good music and get on with life. He did mention about the verbal response Ja made towards 50 cents on his album, it's just a simple issue of 'okay I don't want to look like a punk' let me respond. But in the interview they spoke on this and although it still came out on the album I feel there was still a lot of positive that came out of that interview and I believe it was sincere. I love competition, and a friendly beef (not too friendly lol) but let's get sometype of meaning to these Hip-Hop beefs either a battle or if it's that personal, go put on some boxing gloxes and get in the ring and bang. I think if these beef is squashed 50 won't have anything else to rap about!

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
True my friend, but my point is, they could be worse off, shit they could be me or you lol. If 50 cent can afford (actually he can't) to pay 5 bodyguards $700 dollars a piece everyday, he can afford to sit down with Ja and squash this. Sure money can't buy happiness and of course it doesn't make you smart, but it seems like money is the primary factor involved in this beef, and that's to make more of it! More media frenzy more hype more people interested in buying the albums to see what each one is going to say about the other. They (media and some Hip-Hop fans) love it. Don't you think if 50 cent decides to sit down with Ja, it will put a blemish on 'America's Favorite Gangsta' image, it's a money maker, that's why he already came out and said NO to sit down and talk.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
After watching this interview I must say I have Lost some respect for Louis Farakhan..The whole interview seems to only have been not done but Aired the day before Ja rules Album is offically released in stores for ja it's a great way to get promotion for your album ..I didn't hear him mention the album but the motive is self explanitory ...

Farakhan made some sense but what was his motive ?? Music is music and for him to blow hip hop out of proportion and to make it seem like it was a big war on the streets was wrong...Sure people change and the Minister has done a lot for black america but he admits to helping destroy the greatest and most powerful black voice we ever had in Malcom X this man has addmited himself that he help build the atmospher that killed Malcom and it seems that he is jumping on the hip hop band wagon and is making himself the so called Savior of Hip Hop...I want to know where he was when 5o knocked ja out in Atlanta
when Murder inc 50 and his people got into at the Hit Factory in NYC
Where was he when 50 started the asault on ja in 99..Where the hell was he for the big and pac beef the Nas and jay z beef the nas and rocafella beef the styles jadakiss and beanie seigal beef the dmx and Ja beef...Farakhan should do what he did with the beefs of the past and stay out of it They're two grown men with issues between each other and I haven't heard anything since the song on 50's album dissing ja rule and 50 said over 3 months ago that he was finished with this beef on an interview with lisa evers..He said"Ja can say what he wants I'm done with this whole situation I have no need to bring his name up anymore but that doesn't mean we're friends"....I feel Frakhan should continue to be the head of the nation of Islam and worry about the problems within the Nation

Ja Rule--He's full of shit if somone knocks you out takes your chain and wears it in the second video you ever made(Nobody likes me) That's reason enough for any man with any amount of pride to man up and start a lyrical war right then and there in 1999 instead of 2002 -2003....Ja just started "clappin Back"50 went on a 4 year rampage before ja decided to respond if you're going to wait that long you shouldn't have anything to say at all because in the eyes of the legal system that's pre meditated if you respon accordingly that it can be seen as self defense and you would be so called "accepted by the hood"
What ja should have did is what biggie did when pac was gettin at him and said one little slick line like big did
("Check it out/Guns I bust em/Problems with my wife don't discuss em")

So the whole interview was uncalled for..It's like sombody beat you up at school and you tell your mother and she comes to the school and raises hell with the principal and you get beat up everyday for a month straight after that

50 Cent--He's no better than anyone but he is a little only a LITTLE smarter in not doing the interview He's a grown man that's rich and doesn't need anyone to hold his hand and to talk to him..These guys are entertainers not made mafia men that need to have sit downs they are in the public eye and they are rich and freedom of speech is one of the amendments and right now 50 has better things to do with his time than to have a sit down with a grown child and his father!!!50 got what he wanted ..He got rich off of ja and murder inc by dissing them along with a constant buzz in the streets with his mix tape music and now it seems that he has moved on and ja and murder inc are looking to stay stuck on this whole beef thing..These are two men who will never be friends why should they talk??

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
My thoughts

I think Ja wants to squash this beacuse 50 is on top right now,,,if they squash their beef then they do a joint together and then they both capitalize of this and make more dough. By doing this,,,now fans like both and will buy both albums and what not...they both still suck!!:tomato:

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
f-ck ja rule come n people ja album is about to drop this week if not today and if him and 50 killed the beef its kind of like 50 saying hey this guy is ok. its just a promo stunt on ja part

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Good points, and don't think I'm a Minister Farrakhan fanatic or that I believe everything that he says is true. Regardless of whether Farrakhan wasn't present in the past Hip-Hop beefs, he is there now, that's more than we can say about a lot of so-called black leaders or influential people in power. Noone is saying they should be friends, but the confrontations don't seem like they will end.

They hate each other's guts, I don't know the whole story I didn't hear 50 knocked Ja out, the way I heard it was the other way around, but I really don't care who knocked who out. How many grown men die on these streets everyday over shit even dumber than this. You know I have experienced cat's who have gotten into street fights and then came back and shot the other kid dead. This shit could be fatal, but I'm sure 50 and Ja aren't on that level at least I hope not, but if talking to Farrakhan the tooth fairy, or whomever the fuck helps to resolve some tension I feel it's worth it. It could be a ploy for some type of album hype for Ja Rule, but you know peeps are going to buy his shit anyway just to see if he makes a decent comeback diss towards 50.

Also we can't really take for granted what supposedly happened between these two people, We don't know them personally and it seems like each one has their own version. But no matter what did happen, life goes on lets make money off of making good music and not controversy
But then again the industry proves that 'if it sells then sell it' there are no rules once again.

Regarding The Farrakhan Malcolm X connection, let's not get into that debate we'll have to put that on another thread. Also we don't know when the interview was done, we only know when it was aired and that's strategic of the media not necessarily Ja Rule or Farrakhan's doing.

Ja Rule's full of shit
They are both full of shit 50 if that's the case, 50 cent is cashing in on being shot 5 times of however many times it was, and so that's like his license to be a super gangsta. It sparks interest and selling records. Ja Rule interviews with Farrakhan it sparks interest and possibly (we don't know yet) selling records, but I think there was a sincere positive message involved. Because I mean what does Farrakhan get out of the deal, a free Blood in my Eye CD. I really don't see all that much benefit for him.

nobodyfamous

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think the interview was done last week, or this past weekend, so it is recent. i think it was wrong for Farrakhan to get involved, because I really don't think it is that major, the little "beef" thing and the battles are a part of hip-hop, always has been, and they may have thier problems and what not, but they are making money off of it. i dont think know it would go to a violent level because they are in the positions they want to be in, if they were still on the streets, something might pop off, but they on tv making videos teaching us how to stunt (like we really want to know) in a few years, it will be 2 more rappers and there will be coversations just like this one. its almost like a cycle, cuz if rappers didnt beef or sell out or whatever, what would we(hip-hop heads) talk about??

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
^^^^^Pboy you are 100% right it's not that much of a major beef...Ja Ruel needs to build a bridge and get over it

Architech--I must say that I know 50 personaly I'm not taking sides with him just because I know him and for ja to do this interview was pointless because he's a grown man and if he just leaves it a lone then they both can make music without dissing each other..You say it doesn't matter if Farakhan wasn't there for hip hop beefs of the past and what matters is he's there now just because he's there now means absolutly nothing because there is nothing he can do to make these two friends ...The Street date on Ja's album is nov. 4...which is today and the interview happend to be aired nov 3...What I want to know is why wasn't this done and aired 6 months ago

it may not mean anything Arch but my brother was there in atl when that whole thing happend and ja did get knocked out and if my brother wasn't there I still would belived it because 50 was a finalist in the new york golden gloves...

Maybe we should start another thread talking about farakhan as well you seem to know your stuff

Architect

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I feel ya inrctyhoodmusic.

I know a little bit about the whole Malcolm X assasination, basically from books I've read and other things. Let's do that during black history month, lol.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
I felt everything Farakhan was tellin Ja and I dont think that he was in any way helping to promote Ja rule's album. Ja was the only one out of him and 50 man enough to show the public that the beef is not neccessary (dont forget 50's entire career has been revolving around beefing with murder inc). So what the album comes out soon, what you think he finished the whole thing the night before, nobody was sitting around plannin to meet with a muslim minister while they were puttin that album together so its disrespectful to even think that Farrakhan has anything to do with promoting either side of this pussy ass "beef". In fact I think the only part Farakhan was wrong on is if these niggas die we gonna miss them.....I wont I seen too any real niggas pass to shed tears for pussies, thats right, I dont like either one of them really but I got more respect for Ja cause of the whole thing with 50 lying about going to jail, stealing another rapper's name, usin all them pusher's names in a song (basically like snitching to the police) yah know, shit like that aint tolerated in Houston hoods and I hope it aint tolerated in New York hoods. As for what Farakhan's motive is, you have to look under the surface of this conversation.

Farakhan said:If you let the public dictate and you continue to follow that, the end result will be death and destruction. 50, you and me, we gotta sit down at a common table and work out the way hip-hop will go to the next level. The grave is where we are right now, mentally, and we gotta come up out of that. The power to come up out of that is the wisdom you gain as a result of increasing your knowledge and understanding. Then you feed that gently into your lyrics so the public says, "I'm glad Ja taught me better, because I was about to throw down and kill my brother." Like you said, Ja don't like 50 and 50 don't like Ja. There's a battle, but it's going from words to the gun. And we have to stop that. Your career doesn't depend on the public clamor. You think it does, but you have to feed the public something better and tell them why. "Yeah, I'm a clap-back man, but I don't wanna clap back because if I do and you die, your blood is on my hands and I don't want that." I believe we can come through this. Nobody on our level can bridge what you feel for 50 and what 50 feels for you. God sees we're on the brink of a fire pit, but he don't want you or 50 or any of our youth burned. He wants to save us from that pit and unite your hearts so that you become brothers even though today, at this moment, you see yourselves as enemies. I love Ja, 50, Irv and [Violator Records CEO Chris] Lighty. Ain't none of you that I don't love, because I see beyond where you are to what I know we're capable of becoming. I don't believe you've reached your full potential yet, Ja.
Not only is he keeping two brothas from killin eachother (which is what the public ultimately wants to see) but he is using the beef of ja and 50 to get across to the black youth because he knows were listening, it had me thinkin Ima "clap back" type of nigga myself but is it always necesary?

K

KillaMitrxxx

Ja Rule and 50.....

They whole ordeal is a fuckin' marketing ploy!It'z cool, Ja and Farrakhan speaking bout how they're little beef needs to end and how they gotta save hip-hop and whatever,but honestly I feel the reason 50 wasn't there is cuz he was wherever he was at, laughin hiz ass off at Ja. Not to say he was right for doing so but Ja has got himself in too deep wit the murder inc. and shady/aftermath and whoever else crew he beefin wit scenario.I have no sympathy for this situation because it could've been prevented a long time ago on both parties(ja and 50).It'z just unfortunate for what the future holds for the state of hip-hop if thingz escalate.

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Marketing and positioning, that's all. Here's how everyone benefits or does not.

Farrakhan: Gets publicity whether or not there is a "meeting" between the two rappers. Gains more exposure and more possible recruits in his organisation as a result of this. Either way, he has nothing to lose. He promotes his agenda and gains more exposure making his organisation in tune with a newer generation. If something happens "he tried" and is still looked upon in a better light. From what I heard, all the statements he made alluded to a "larger conspiracy" which is in-line with The Source's stance.

50 Cent: Doesn't have to do anything. The chips are in his favour. He is on top, and if he lets Ja and Irv Gotti take advantage of him by ascribing to the meeting, he will lose face. The only element is that Murder Inc. brought in is Louis Farrakhan in order to show that if 50 doesn't want to meet for peace, 50 Cent is disrespecting Mr. Farrakhan and his own community as well. Trust me, that Murder Inc. will play this card. People "respect" 50 more, and the dispute only elevates 50's marketable status as a thug even more, and he will sell more records due to this dispute. If he does collaborate or meet with Ja, things could escalate at the meeting, where Ja can at least demean 50 to his face, call him a liar. I'm sure 50 lied about a lot of things, and he doesn't want them to be aired out. My feeling is the meeting would hurt 50's credibility and marketability.

Ja Rule: Released the tape to time perfectly with his album release, and to create interest in his other album release later this year. Gotti makes it look like there is a want for peace, which is smart, because a meeting would gain Ja support, especially from his female fans, who are his core audience, not males. In fact, this want for peace is popular with females, and Ja gets more of his fanbase back. But Gotti then further states that if 50 doesn't want peace, then there will be "whatever." Doesn't sound like a peace calling to me, sounds like a way to bring 50 Cent down from his perch as the most marketable rapper next to Eminem.

Def Jam Def Jam despises Interscope since Interscope cuts into Def Jam's market share. Interscope continually has outshined Def Jam as of late in most of their releases. They should have never gotten rid of Rick Rubin. Def Jam works with The Source and the New York scene to continually undermine Interscope's hip-hop releases.

Dr. Dre He has seen this before, and will probably see it again. Continues to count his money while Irv Gotti hangs on to Ja's star. Gotti should be focusing on Ashanti and moving away from the dilemma.

The Best Outcome? There are obvious problems, Ja is probably lying about his connection to 50 and 50 is lying about other things. A reunion won't happen if they are personal enemies. I really don't see how 50 Cent would gain from this, because then 50 "gave in" to Ja Rule and agreed to a truce. Also, truces can be broken, or fake.

The real people hurting are Murder Inc, as their album sales have dwindled significantly from Ja Rule's side. 50 seems untouchable though he has compromised rapping skills. :)

This probably will go away, or won't end well. Who wins? Farrakhan, Interscope, Def Jam and Dr. Dre. If I was Ja Rule, I would quit, take my money, and live on an island somewhere far away. He's made it as a financial elite. He should move to Switzerland and forget about it. He would make more money off a large insured annuity than another record.

New found respect, you say? Read between the lines. This is a calculated method of positioning versus 50 Cent from Ja Rule's camp. Cunning usage of Mr. Farrakhan in the process by Irv Gotti. Cunning usage by Mr. Farrakhan of the situation as well.

I tend to be a pessimist about the industry. It's dog eat dog and money is the prize.

Sincerely,
God

vitaminman

IllMuzik Staff
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
Hey,

This is all a big bunch of WWE garbage, the entire thing is scripted so idiots buy into it and get their records.

Nick

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Yeah, vitaminman, it's all scripted kind of like how Tupac and Biggie was a 'conspiracy' too, huh?

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Originally posted by Goldy_C
I wont I seen too any real niggas pass to shed tears for pussies, thats right, I dont like either one of them really but I got more respect for Ja cause of the whole thing with 50 lying about going to jail, stealing another rapper's name, usin all them pusher's names in a song (basically like snitching to the police) yah know, shit like that aint tolerated in Houston hoods and I hope it aint tolerated in New York hoods. As for what Farakhan's motive is, you have to look under the surface of this conversation.

Goldy I'm starting this by saying I am not intending my statement as a war of words...

Even though you didn't mention it but i'm sure you're well aware of the the j prince scarface and 50 darma and you being from houston may be taking sides....50 did not lie about going to jail if you look up the new york state department of corrections all you have to do is put his name(Curtis Jackson) and the year he was born(1975 or 76) and you will see the information about him doing time and the names he called out on the songs was nothing like snitching to the police because all the names he called out on Ghetto Quran are all doing life in Fedral prison and the name he took was from a dead gangster from fort green brooklyn that had nohing to do with rap....Fat Cat , Papi mason , Prince(dead) Montana are all serving natural life sentences so I feel that your statment is bias because you really don't know what he's talking about just like J prince didn't know what he was saying by saying the same thing you just said

And just to add he shouted out supreme who is locked up for being a felon and havin possesion of a fire arm and he is also a suspect on 50 getting shot but he didn't have anything to do with that because his name was called out in the same manor of nas call out fat cat , jay z calling out larry davis and a whole bunch of rappers calling out street ledgens in their songs so for anyone to single 50 cent out as a name dropper didn't listen to the song and don't pay attention to what most rappers say in their songs

members online