1. The next Warzone Beat Battle is set for October 19-20th!

James Ingram - "I Believe In Love"

1. Fade

Fade

VIP Member
    Beat Scientist
    Administrator
    *** ill o.g. ***
    Battle Points:
    Let's flip this and see what's what! :) I know this is R&B stuff but there's some good open sounds. And the vocals too, lots can be done with that.

[​IMG]

wizard likes this.
  2. Cayenne

Cayenne

Battle Points:
    I was lucky to flip this, when i was about to travel...by the way this is it..

3. Klypse

Klypse

Space Diggin..
    Battle Points:
    Dope sample you have right here...

@Cayenne That was flip dope. I actually went that route at first but it sounds funky (in a bad way) so I switched it up. I like the constant used of the vocals

My Akai MPD218 finally came so used that to made the beat. Still not used to it yet.... I wanted to add a baseline to my flip but I decided not to this time.

4. Cayenne

Cayenne

Battle Points:
    @Klypse, the chops u chose are great, i like ur drums, i will be glad if u could add a bass line to really spice it up..so far so good..

5. crog85

crog85

Back to the Grind...
    Battle Points:
    @Cayenne and @Klypse I wish I knew what to look for to chop samples like you guys... I'm always looking for something minimal so I can add other instruments to the sample... being able to piece together those chops is something I'm not accustomed to, I don't even really know what to listen for lol... Different strokes for different folks i guess. Here's what I came up with:

+1 for a bassline... I think it would've really helped fill out some sonic space in the mix

Klypse likes this.