January 29-30, 2011 - Comments & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnQ

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 186
Well shit, the voting thread closed on me while I was writing my reviews. So it won't count, but here goes:

What up ill! Sorry I've been MIA lately, I joined a band recently so that's what I've been focusing on lately...

2good: This is dope man, love that guitar sample.

420Beatz: Feelin this one, sample is ill. Good stuff.

Dac: Damn it, I was gonna make some joke about yours sucking. But I can't. So ill. Drums are vibing! Love it.

Ex: Still got that Primo vibe goin... Your drums are always dope as fuck. Sample is nice too.

Gustto: This is dope but for some reason the sound quality really seems to be lacking. Love the drops you got in there, would sound real nice with someone spitting over this.

Low G: These drums are violent, love it. Horns are sickkkk. Real nice beat right here.

Relic: The part that kicks in around a minute is dope. Love that clap you used. Good stuff.

Sucio: This sample is fire. Sounds like the maschine is workin out? I want one...

Tactik: Oh shit.... This is a beauty right here. My kinda beat right here, absolutely killer.

Tha1AndOnlyDJT: This is pretty vicious. Real dark, I like that.

thedreampolice: Dope guitar, simple but effective.

Great to see so many people in this month's comp. I wish I had gotten my shit together and entered.

1. Tactik
2. Dacalion
3. DJ Excellence
4. 420Beatz
5. Gussto1

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Dope battle....Lots of dope beats....

Dac didn't make top 5...LMAO..

And I used Maschine =)

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
That was my first ever Beat This so I'm quite happy with getting #5. Some really nice beats were in this competition. I'll have to enter it again sometime.

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Dac didn't make top 5...LMAO..
And I used Maschine =)

Yeah you got me on this one Sucio, congrats!. I'm trying different things now. Last month I flipped a Prince song, this month I flipped a very rare foreign joint by someone you probably never heard of...lol. I'm tired of the norm but I guess everybody else isn't. Next month I will try to appeal more to the voters and less what I want. But I'm not a sore loser (*kicks the ish outta my dog*). It's all about the fun (*smacks my wife*). We are all good sports around here (*puts my daughter on punishment*). And thats the most important thing. =)

Nah but seriously, EVERYBODY submitted dope, this was undoubtedly the best Beat This Comp (as far as contestants) in about 4 or 5 months. I had 3 big surprises on my list...ofc TAKTIC, but 420 and Tha1AndOnly really dropped some dopeness considering what they did and how they did it. So I'm happy with how it all turned out.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Lol... It's all good....

Definitely was a good competition this month...I guess everyone was waiting for this to drop...Let's see what happens next month....

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
That was my first ever Beat This so I'm quite happy with getting #5. Some really nice beats were in this competition. I'll have to enter it again sometime.

I really dug your beat man...I loved the gritty feel and how it felt like every element was sampled from vinyl rather then pulled off a cd.
Just had a classic feel, Nice work.

Low G

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I really dug your beat man...I loved the gritty feel and how it felt like every element was sampled from vinyl rather then pulled off a cd.
Just had a classic feel, Nice work.

Thanks man, The drums and sample were both from vinyl and I played the synth bass and also played the bells on the hook to add some extra layers in there.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Congrats Tac!

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online