Jay-z's New Single form The"Black Album" is a let down!

M

metrosoul

I just heard the new single "Changin Clothes". It was weak. give some feedback.

MadScientist

Geniuz
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 20
How can I listen to it ? ... it wouldn't surprise me if its wack because most of his shit it overrated ..... most of us are just so used to listening to his voice, and anything he does we give instant credibility. I don't think Jay spits like he used to ..... He does have a certain swagger when he raps which is different than most. He's disappointed me on his last 2 albums so I wouldn't expect him to change now.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
i thought u was talkin about that "what else can i say" shit, im not a shawn fan at all, i dislike him to the point where i dont even call him jay-z, but im tryin not to be bias in sense because that song is actually kinda tuff, its long, the beat is crazy it sounds like typical shawn carter but its is an ok song.

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
I aint fealin the new Jay Z, maybe i was just expecting more

luxx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
jay has consistantley gotten worse with exception to a song here or there.Excluding reasonable doubt, 80 - 90 percent of his body of work is bullshit.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
the primo joints aint "make" the album.
it aint the first time either the Goldyn Chyld remix by Ras Kass was supposed to be a Shawn joint too. but he wasnt feelin it.

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
man.. i dont know i expected primo to shine on this one, but so much for expectations. thats too bad... i think the two are a good match.

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
I hear what you are saying there. I can only wonder how much unreleased work is out there that some executive producer didn't think was worthy but actually could have been big classics?

I mean, this is supposed to be Jay's last album and DJ Premier can't get one cut? Maybe they decided his beats were better used for an MOP project or Old Dirty Bastard project...

I wonder how much unreleased Notorious, Big L, Big Pun, Tupac, RZA, etc. is sitting in some safe somewhere because people are being greedy?

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
WELL WE GET PACS SHIT EVERY TWO YEARS, ITS JUST EVERYBODY ELSE.
CANT WAIT FOR THAT "LOST TAPES 2"

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
i dont know.... nas's "lost tapes" sounded suspiciously recent if you ask me.... the whole thing sounded like it was made for the underground exclusively- which i appreciate because i liked it better then the two actual albums he has released in the same time perioid. they just sound new, like the last 5 years new.....

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
I sort of agree...I'm a HUGE NAS fan, and i think the "lost tapes" were straight, but i disagree about the last 2 album deal...Stillmatic and God's Son changed hiphop... it up the bar... "Ether" made MCs realize that if you're going to battle, there's no rules...anything goes...and you better come sick w/ it...and God's Son....w/ trks like "I Can" like MCs know, it's OK to experiment, but you better come tight w/ it... or you're going to pay....but as for unrelease stuff...even the Pac fans are starting to get suspicious....but i would love to hear some lost BigL, Big Pun, and a straight up....no rapping what so ever, instrumental....UK style....by Premo....aight...

One Love

monumental

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 6
my opinion on you guys talking about both nas and jay is this. I was once a huge nas fan and i still like him but not as much. It's for this reason he tries to do it all which he can't, in this i mean do underground sounding tracks and radio ones, Nas is not a radio mc. He is horrible on radio tracks. Jay on the other hand can do both, jay's radio shit is atleast witty, while nas's radio material is garbage ie, bravehearts ouchie wally, trash. Anyways so i think nas should just put out his usual records and stop trying to make radio tracks, as far as the jay-z albums. Bluprint 1,2 have been some of the best hip hop albums of late. Both albums are usual jay albums, by that i mean have some radio lame tracks, but the beats on both albums i think are the best in hip hop right now.

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
WELL ALL THE "LOST TAPES" SHIT WAS RECORDED BETWEEN NASTRADAMUS AND STILLMATIC, THESE SONGS WERE SUPPOSED TO GO ON THESE ALBUMS.

IMAGINE HOW MANY BETAS THAT HAVE BEEN MADE BETWEEN 93 AND 96 NEVER SAW THE LIGHT OF DAY, PRIMO AND PR, PROBABLY HAVE A VAULT WITH DISK FULL OF SHIT WAITIN TO GET RIPPED.

"OOCHIE WALLY" WAS NOT A NAS SONG, NAS WAS ON THE REMIX BUT THAT WAS A JUNGLE MOVE WHO REALIZED THAT THEY WASNT GONNA GET NO SPIN UNLESS THEY PUT THE NIGGA ON THE SONG..BE SMART.

IM THE BIGGEST NAS FAN WHO AINT DIRECTLY RELATED TO THE NIGGA.

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Nas unforutantley was so good on illmatic its sad I dont think we will ever see him that good again... I think one thing that jay z has over nas is that new jay z is actualy better then Old jay z and I know alot of source magazine readers will be ready to defend reasonable doubt to a T but I would really like for cats to quote some lyrics from that album that people swear its his best effort, cause I can show you where Blueprint surpassed all of em....plus the one thing about blueprint I liked was we finnaly got to see what is wrong with sean carter...he let his big dick bravado down and my god I liked what I saw, New nas is Really god in itself just not as good as new jay z, sure nas won the battle but in my opinon pound for pound Jay z is a better Rapper notice I said pound for pound cause nas will always be the better writer, but were not judging whos a better song writer were judgeing whos a better rapper..and when is the realease date for black out?

Mr_Black

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Im still trying to see how Stillmatic got 5 mics...

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
THAT "WHAT MORE CAN I SAY" SHIT IS KINDA TUFF LIKE I SAID BEFORE, ITS LONG BUT ITS AN OK SONG....JAY-Z IS A BETTER "RAPPER" THAN NAS BECAUSE NAS IS MORE THAN THAT, WHAT MAKES NAS AND PAC SO GREAT IS THAT THEY WERE AND ARE MORE THAN RAPPERS, BUT ITS THE FACT THAT THEY CAN STILL COME DOWN TO THE CONSUMER LEVEL AS A RAPPER WITHOUT SACRIFICING THE POETS MENTALITY THAT SETS THEM APART...JAY-Z IS A RAPPER THAT EVERBODY KNOWS, SHAW CARTER IS A PERSON THAT NOBODY CARES ABOUT....NAS=NASIR, 2PAC=TUPAC.....AINT NO ALTER EGOS TO HIDE BEHIND, UNLESS U COUNT ESCO AND MAKAVELLI.CiTY

AND THERES AN INDUSTRY RUMOR GOING AROUND THAT SHAWN HAS A MAJOR COLLABORATION THAT HE DID WHILE WORKING ON HIS NEW ALBUM (GUESS WHO...NO NOT PAC) BUT IT AINT GONNA BE ON HIS NEW ALBUM.

IN SEMI-UNRELATED NEWS IM STILL WAITING FOR THAT LOST TAPES 2

Freakwncy

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 17
The Sad part is no matter what we say about JaY-Z... the man is giving up...."not moving on" giving up...saying he's the greatest and there's noway to up the bar... Bullshit....if he wants to drop out... let him....Hey. Big and Pac would never just give up on HipHop, they would make records till they died...and they did....Jay-Z is an entertainer, and entertainers, not all of them, but a big group, give up, when they get tried...and i think he's getting tried...and that's why he's leaving... Hey. More room for me to operate in...