Jaylib - Champion Sound

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Do anybody got this and should I cop it? Madlib is my dude, and I was gonna get it based on the sole fact that I like his beats so much, but Jay Dee, I know who he is but Im not to familiar with his work. Could someone refresh my memory on what he's done.

Gimme some feedback before I decide to buy it or not.

-Roy

MaximeRobin

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I'm a big madlib fan too and I don't really know jay dee much.
The jaylib album was cool but it's really not in my top 3 madlib album. Definitly not as good as madvillain.

K

kwantize

jay dee is from slum village he made most of thier beats ..... yea i got it its dope

gram green

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
grab that shit

yo man if you like mad lib im guessin you would like jay dee... jay dee is my #1 favorite producer .... madlib is my second favorite... peep his welcome to detroit joint... he is behind alot of shit that you probably heard though... common, erika badu..... the jaylib record is a must have dude.... hit me up and i will send you some shit online if you want.... peace

JPeg

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Royal said:
Do anybody got this and should I cop it? Madlib is my dude, and I was gonna get it based on the sole fact that I like his beats so much, but Jay Dee, I know who he is but Im not to familiar with his work. Could someone refresh my memory on what he's done.

Gimme some feedback before I decide to buy it or not.

-Roy

Champion sound is dope, but at 1st u might not get it, the trick is play that shit in ur ride on the way to clubs then u understand why the made it.

as not being with j-dilla he is a legend u probably heard his beats and dont know it, go to hiphopsite.com type in j-dilla an peep his discography, cos ur gonna be going "oh shit i neva knew he did that"

Side note: im feeling jaylib more than madvillian, villian is nice but i just tend to listen to jaylib more.

FTdub

SP1200 manhandler
ill o.g.
on turntablelab.com you can get the instrumental album, which is better since neither is that good of an mc

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
um yeah the mc'in is pretty lame....

personally, there are only three songs taht are any good and the rest SUCK. i bought thisas soon as it came out and was disapointed to the fullest.. but two of the three beats are VERY good- (stars and the red, both Jay Dee tracks) and the album was produced about 50-50 (maybe 40-60) by both.

i would just try and get the red and starz... screw the rest..

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
i love jay dee... one of my all time favorites. he's in my top 3 EASILY. outside of starz and the red, the rest of this album, to me, is well below his capabilities. i wont even download dudes aterial- i'll always buy it (if/when i find it!) i just dont care for this album. his other instrumental albums offer far better material to me.

i never did like his rhymes though.

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
both Jay Dee and Madlib are ill...

"Champion Sound" is a bit of a muffled piece of sh*t though...

I didn't mind the album but it could have been so much better

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
Thanx for the feedback everybody. I might just pick up the instrumental album then since yall sayin the rhymes are wack (I didn't even know they rapped on that album).

I got another question. What are some good J-Dilla instumental albums to get? I heard a few of his beats and I think he's pretty dope, I wanna hear some more tho' cuz I'm fellin' him.

-Roy

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
vintage and unreleased.... there is welcome to detroit which has a gem of a track in "think twice" and the bossa nova track, and that is better than the jaylib to me, but i prefer vintage and unreleased.

Royal

Tha RENEGADE
ill o.g.
...and Jpeg, I went to hiphopsite.com and you was right. Jay Dee did alot of shit I didn't even know he did. thanx for that post.

Vintage and Unreleased huh? OK, I think imma check that out. thanx Truth.

-Roy

N.U.G.

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
if you want to hear to a REALLY dope album by a producer - peep DJ Muggs - Soul Assassins Volume 1

peace

DJ Reflex

Turntablist, Producer
ill o.g.
Madvillainy is my fav album! nuf said

members online