Joe Henderson - "Black Narcissus"

Heres mine, had to make and mix it at low volume as its late so not 100 on how it sounds.

@DJ Excellence with the lack of a bassline I think that kick could thump a lot more around 60hz, maybe down as low as around 47hz. Real throwback beat to the old days.

Last edited:
@2GooD Productions Thanks for the feedback. I used parallel EQ to boost the low end a bit but I might add an actual bassline later on.

Your version is dope, feeling that mellow vibe. The drums fit quite well.
thanks, i will probably return to mine tomorrow when I can crank it up a bit and work on it and be able to hear what Im doing without waking up the neighbours.
All I want is my own desert island with internet to live on, is that too much to ask?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@DJ Excellence Good flip! Still bringing that Premo style of course. Even though you're not using a lot from the sample, it's still a head nodding beat that makes me want to keep listening.

@2GooD Productions Very smooth, good low end with that kick. I like the minimalist vibe. The parts you took are spot on.

I flipped it yesterday but didn't mix it yet. I finally got around to using a drum break this time instead of my own drums:

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
@DJ Excellence Good flip! Still bringing that Premo style of course. Even though you're not using a lot from the sample, it's still a head nodding beat that makes me want to keep listening.

@2GooD Productions Very smooth, good low end with that kick. I like the minimalist vibe. The parts you took are spot on.

I flipped it yesterday but didn't mix it yet. I finally got around to using a drum break this time instead of my own drums:

Thanks for the feedback @Fade . Your flip was nice too, very mellow and well mixed (good use of panning).

TWU

The.Widely.Unknown
@DJ Excellence Dope flip! Reminds me of Premo... Drums are dope and punchy but a little loud in the mix, or the the sample could use a boost.

@2GooD Productions Nice man! Love the bassline... Mix is on point, really dig this flip... Only thing that I would've changed is the male voice, I feel like it has a different vibe (more R&Bish than the jazzy vibe of the sample).

@Fade Really solid flip! Snippet goes well with it. I like how you kept it simple, but still with enough variation. Dopeness...

@Fade I really like the ring of that snare. This also has a real oldskool vibe about it. The subtle variation keeps it interesting all the way through, the snare from the sample "I give nightmares to those who compete" could be chopped and used throughout the track to add a bit more punch to that ringing snare. Just a thought, dope flip.

@TWU The drums are really simple but this flip is dope as fuck, the bass sounds sick. This beat vibes, got me nodding hard.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
@TWU Thanks for the feedback. Your beat is really on point. Very smooth. Good panning. Really good vibe. The horns sound nice with that reverb.

@2GooD Productions Thanks. Yeah once I mix it I know I'll have to chop that one up because it sounds dope. This is why I don't use drum breaks too much.

DPrezd Beggar

Banned
Battle Points: 22
This beat does not exist.

Something simple to get back into the matter, didnt make much music lately.

To all before me, nice job with FLIPs, everyone!

5ivestar_nc

Battle Points: 164
If you use the link "Share This Beat" , just copy the link and paste it, the forum software will automatically convert the link to a playable player of your beat
preciate ya dawg I swear that was confusing the hell out of me lmao I gotta stop smoking.