John Edwards "confession" - Discussion on his response techniques (NOT POLITICAL)

God

Creator of the Universe
ill o.g.
Okay. DO NOT MAKE THIS A POLITICAL THREAD. I'm sick of politics and fake moral arguments. All people have shit they're hiding, I don't give a fuck.

What I want to show you is THIS DUDE's HUSTLE. Man - he's "up there" in the world of BS, he could easily run a big company. The dude is SLICK AS FUCK.

Notice in the videos:

1. Reframing the reporter's question at the onset.
2. Creating a time buffer between the moment the reporter asks a question to the time he actually "kind of" answers. Gold! This helps "alleviate" the initial emotion of the question and allows him to reframe the convo.
3. Restating the questions and "redefining." Using visual anchors
Reporter: "Where's Elizabeth Edwards, why is she not here?"
Edwards: "She's right here." Points to heart. Man... HUSTLE.
4. Usage of "positive" facial expressions when he's trying to hustle the reporter.
5. The amount of time dude blinks (if lying, people blink A LOT). Notice when the reporter time constraints him to answer a question he looks down and to his left (accessing made up shit.)

Part 1

Part 2
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbL-vj-RKxQ"]YouTube - John Edwards ABC "NightLine" Interview On Adultery Part 2[/ame]

He was a successful lawyer 'cause he could ACT. Cold-hearted huh? He could ACT during the negotiation - he probably pulled a ton of this shit on other lawyers.

Be aware of cats like this, when they come up to you - learn how to jiu-jitsu them with this shit. Outhustle them.

-G

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
to me it's so ridiculous how people get all in an uproar when some public persona gets involved in something that is something that nobody would give a shit about when it's your average joe. yknow, dude is human. doesn't mean it was right, but unless you're gonna give everybody the same kind of treatment, it's just ridiculous.

One person I find very slick at manipulating people is Derren Brown, I learned a lot just by watching him closely and listening to his phrases while inserting "Key words" into their heads.
He also explains in small detail about the way people "tell" when lying.
Some of the tricks he spills the beans to can be very helpful in a game of poker.
A skill in reading peoples body language is something Id really like to develop.
Although you dont want any political bullshit, I see the same techniques used whenever politicians answer questions.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
to me it's so ridiculous how people get all in an uproar when some public persona gets involved in something that is something that nobody would give a shit about when it's your average joe. yknow, dude is human. doesn't mean it was right, but unless you're gonna give everybody the same kind of treatment, it's just ridiculous.

cosign that. kinda takes me back to the batman film and how they concealed 2face's demise.

skidflow

Boom Bap is precious art
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 215
...But John Edwards has always been suspect to me though. I remember after KATRINA he was down there supposedly to help the locals rebuild shit....well it was a point where he didn't know the camera was on him. When he discovered that he was being filmed, he stopped standing around watching the less fortunates work and decided to lend a helping hand...SHIT LOOKED REAL FAKE AND UNTRUE. So ever since that moment he was a guy that could not be trusted in my book. I look for the little things in life that speaks volumes.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
It's funny how the media tries to bury people while they're making the same exact mistakes.

If wifey wants to stay with him...then let it be......people thrive on dumb shit like this....