Joyce Sims "All And All" - 2Good Garage Remix

Mike Chief

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 4
Man, such a fun track. Lovin it mang - always looking forward to hearing your new.

I always feel some type of way sharing critiques sometimes because Im like who the fuck am I to say. But I feel like at the same time that is what we search for - that third ear. Not even a second ear. Im loving the production on this. MY biggest thing, is certain things sounding a bit too hollow - which leads them to feeling inorganic to the track (even though it actually fuckin fits). I feel all percussion is on point, even mix wise for this type of track. Of course my personal taste is with a bit more umph. The first thing that jumps out for me is the vocal sample. It comes in kinda harsh. Maybe a cross fade on the first section on that would help ease it in?

But also, it seems to sit on top rather than within. My first takeaway from hearing the vocals was maybe boost low/low-mid frequencies for her and dip slightly down in the mid-high range , and then lower the level on mixer just slightly. Without getting into too much more, it just overall sounds kinda bright. Like more specifically too bright, and not in the sense that the bright is wrong. But shit man, all that extra bs aside, its a dope and fun fucking track. Good shit.

Rah.sool

Beatmaker
Hey very nice beat. This would work great in so many retro videogames. The sounds are feeling a little dull/lofi. But it does make it feel like it's being ripped from vinyl, which creates on oldschool aesthetic that I think works perfectly. I really like the mix and sound selection as well. I particularly enjoyed the snare rolls and horns, they really made the arrangement interesting throughout. Excellent work.