Just a general question

stjoeben

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
I was wondering (based on remarks from another thread) , How many of yall make beats standing up versus sitting in a chair. And does it seem to make a difference (even slightly)?

maddogg

A hater since the womb!
ill o.g.
alot of times it depends how your gear is setup. If you got alot of hardware you tend to stand up so you dont have sit down get up over and over everytime you want to mess with something. But if you only got a few pieces or work on your pc you can usually stay sitting down. Back when I was using gear instead of software i like standing up while i bang'd out drums on the mpc. But now i just use a midi controller i sit.

DJ Xsinna

The Big Bang-BINO
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 43
I make my beats standing up. Mostly because my junk is in our dinning room and there isn't a lot of room. Sometimes I sit down when I'm on the ASR because it sits on the lowest tier on the keyboard stand and I do most of my intricate sampling on that. The MPC sits on the top tier so I have to stand up to work on it.

Big Tone

You done fucked up
ill o.g.
i always sit. but im just a lazy bastard

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
good question....

depends on if you are on a roll, or if you didnt really want to make a beat, but you just cant get away from that sick sick drum break, that is when i either stand, or on occasion, kneel....

if i am planning to make a beat, then yea, ill sit down, sure, but you always have to stand to sift through your crates, and place the wax on the turntable.....

Reyne

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 22
you gotta do whatever is comfortable. i find a combination is best. but if im doing sumthn touchy like eq or choppn samples i like to be sittn.

Rhythmikal

Beat's Disciple
ill o.g.
i have to sit down coz the keyboard rack i got makes me have to stretch to touch the keys stood up.

sAfE.

that kid

Keep Diggin'
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
sitting

i mostly use a pc so i usally sit in front of it unless i,m 2 lazy to get a chair then i'll stand- that kid

Corpz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i gotta b standin up.. i dont know why.. if i sit down i loose energy, get lazy, and start doing something else .... ADD is a bitch...