Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 179
sigh......................sigggggggggggggggghhhhhh

see.

This is that "God playin' tricks on you" shit. lol

What are the odds.

I been workin' on this J.Gunn album "The Sky" for over a year. After acouple push backs, its releasing November 13th. I got a good amount of beats on the album including the title track called "The Sky". Just got the album art today ready for print, album been mastered and ready for mass print. ok

SOMETHING told me to listen to the Jay-Z American Gangster album snippets (Album due out Nov. 6). Last track, "American Gangster"...SAME SAMPLE AS MY TITLE TRACK. WHY?

Either Just Blaze just hacked my camps computers, or God just pulled one of his unfunny pranks on me.

J.Gunn "The Sky" Snippet prod. by 101

http://www.zshare.net/audio/440851709f9bd1/

Jay-Z "American Gangster" Snippet prod. by Just Blaze

http://www.7digital.com/artists/jay-z/american-gangster/

The problem with this shit is that now kats is gonna act like i jocked Just Blaze. And i been did my shit like year and some change ago. Especially since we bout to drop unintentionally at the same time basically.(Who really thought Jay was gonna drop an album this year...?!) And there is no truning back, this track birthed the entire album. Gunn is gonna be on Freestyle Fridays next month and we put thousands of dollars into this and now this bullshit.

I feel like its too many coincidences and its pretty scary.

I just had to vent and clear the air b4 shit goes down.

LDB

Banned
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 73
Dawg! Real talk! I would just go with it, J.G's flow is Ill....as Ill as Jiggaz IMO. And the way you flip'd the track sounds better and flows better to me. I'm a Jigga fan but I promise you J.G shines on this shit. I personally wouldn't worry about a thang. J.G is a special talent that would shine thru even if every damn song on his album was similar to any of the big boyz...that's just how I feel about it Beatz....keep your head up homie and don't worry about shit...u guys have some good shit bubbling and nothing can stop hot music. Do u...u guys got nothing to worry about IMHO.

p.s. u cleared the sample right? we don't need another Wordsmith situation here!

Fury

W.W.F.D
ill o.g.
idk son i feel ur pain but not for nuttin just blaze killed that shyt

x-squizet

Roll Tide Roll
ill o.g.
dude seriously drop that shit, can't no one really say shit, Ya boy got a nice flow over that and to me better than jiggas, not tryin to be on ya nuts or something. its just the truth

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
Dawg! Real talk! I would just go with it, J.G's flow is Ill....as Ill as Jiggaz IMO. And the way you flip'd the track sounds better and flows better to me. I'm a Jigga fan but I promise you J.G shines on this shit. I personally wouldn't worry about a thang. J.G is a special talent that would shine thru even if every damn song on his album was similar to any of the big boyz...that's just how I feel about it Beatz....keep your head up homie and don't worry about shit...u guys have some good shit bubbling and nothing can stop hot music. Do u...u guys got nothing to worry about IMHO.

p.s. u cleared the sample right? we don't need another Wordsmith situation here!

Yeah i kinda settled down now. Im not gonna sweat it. Everybody is like "....damn" right now, but i think we'll get over it. We just gotta stand behind our music and do what it do regardless. Its in God's hands right now and He's gonna play the game out He wanna play it and we just gotta deal wit it.

Appreciate the feedback yall.

Keep that beat handy too Drama Boi. I aint forget.

woohff

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah there is no reason to sweat 101 IMO. Just Blaze version is so much different than yours is and my opinion his beat is PLAYED OUT. I mean what's the use of doing basicly the same beat about 3 to 4 times with a little bit different sample (bb2, kindom come and now this record)...

Oh and your song is nice, feeling it.

N.Y.S.O.M.

A Beat Nut
ill o.g.
in the music game u gotta be swift lol those cats is producers full time plus they 20 steps ahead of us plus he got the doe to clear then.............but then again even producers like Just n then get the back end of the stick cuz of sample clearance

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
it doesnt sound the same.. dont trip .. its just pre album nerves lol... let it go .. Gunn is doin his thing and the beat is crazy. Its a hot joint. End of story. Yo is nxtlevel the same next level with the gypthed and lsmooth? ..

trez260

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Yeah there is no reason to sweat 101 IMO. Just Blaze version is so much different than yours

Co-sign. yall flipped the beat differently. two completely different approaches and styles, so i wouldn't sweat it. yall both heard something in the same original track, and for it to be featured on a Jay-Z album, just take it for what it is and go hard with the project that your work is on. as i mention in my post with 9th, it's bound to happen when sampling, as long both version sound different, keep it movin. Peace.

sidebar:
oh on the wordsmith situation, i heard Chris Webber sold Nas the same beat (kinda like how Styles P and Ras Kass ended up with the same joint that Alchemist made)

Beatz 101

itsOneO.com
ill o.g.
it doesnt sound the same.. dont trip .. its just pre album nerves lol... let it go .. Gunn is doin his thing and the beat is crazy. Its a hot joint. End of story. Yo is nxtlevel the same next level with the gypthed and lsmooth? ..

Yeah, maybe i am trippin'. lol i got the pre-album release jitters i guess.

And Yep it is the same dudes then. If We are talkin bout the same Gypthed. He's on the J.Gunn album.

Appreciate the feedback everybody. This type of shit always happens to us hiphop producers, but what fucks me up is the odds and coincidences.

Krazyfingaz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 2
dope shit fam ya boy flow is sick but IMO I feelin them both. Put ya shit fam! so what Just did the same sample both are fliped different

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
I liked your track better anyhow. Dont sweat it, the tracks are very different despite using the same sample.

PS. be sure to let us know where we can cop this JGunn album.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I listened to both, I'm feeling 101's a lot more. Actually I don't like the Just Blaze one at all.

Either way, you should just put it out there. Fuck 'em.