just bought the korg pad kontrol

thedon98

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
and i have to say its the best thing i could have ever bought PERIOD!!!!!!! (Just something for Y'all to think about imagine making beats for over 2 years and not knowing what a metronome is)

Ruimixx

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
My trigger finger will beat up your pad kontrol!!!!

Nah, jus playin. Congrats!!!! Feels great adding a new piece to your studio doesn't it? Peace!

thedon98

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
when i first started making beats on my own no help i didn't even realize what a metronome was, once i learned about it ( Thanks to you guys) my beats just became better

S

SuicideOption

I got mine a week ago and I love it as well. The pads are very well done and I think they need more credit for having the square pad AND the square sensor.

I've made a few decent drum loops and a couple of beats with it and reason, but of course I'm WAY too self conscious to bring them out yet.

I'm trying to find some good tutorials for the padkontrol/reason together. I've been working with original stuff but I'd like to get into some sampling with it as well. The thing is, people seem to step by the lower level stuff when explaining. I know the concept of chopping, etc, but I got no clue how to map to specific keys. It seems like when I do it I get a bunch of chops from recycle, but there's like 4 or 5 I'd love to just put on those 1st few pads.

Anyway, back to the topic...I love it. I was thinking this was a placeholder until I got an MPD 24, but at this point I don't see a need.

A little tip I got off a youtube vid. Get a used/cheap snare drum stand to clamp it in. It's PERFECT for holding it. I grabbed a new one at Guitar Center for like $30...surely you could get one cheaper used.

Wizdom

Soul Collector
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
yeah, I got one 2 but it doesn't get a whole lot of play these days.. i need to blow the dust off and start using it, but I find myself just using the piano keyboard.. I use FL and started gettin' all twisted up considering going to an mpc, so i tried the padkontrol...

thedon98

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
its true it is beautifull for drums and synths but i have 1 problem i can't get the roll to work without it stuttering any answers

members online