Just bought the new GANGSTAAR album

DJ Excellence

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 229
It sounds good .... but it's far from being their best work

there are no whack tracks ... but it lacks something ...

I think the sound is way slicker than "Moment of Truth" , .....

but on the other hand Premier's scratching skills really improved over the last 5 years ...

but I think that my disapointment can be explained by the fact that I already owned "Sabotage", "Rite Where U stand", "Skills" and "Nice Girl Wrong Place" ...... 4 of the best tracks ....

peace,

PHIL

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yeah I gotta peep that. I'll go cop it next week for sure 'cause even though they might not come out with mind-blowing tracks, they still bring it every single time.

inrctyhoodmusic

Muzik Militant
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
I thought Permiers scratching skillz have been the best of any DJ in hip hop after I heard that song take it personal in the early 90's for it to improve would mean that he's just way above any dj now when it comes to scratching....I wasn't feeling the single that's out now with Jada I have nothing but respect for gangstar in fact me and Guru recorded out of the same studio he was in the A and I was in B at the time we kicked a little after our sessions spot is called sample kings...it's in manhattan ny.....I have nothing but respect for the man but I think it's time he start looking into the business side of hip hop

Barock

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Originally posted by inrctyhoodmusic
I thought Permiers scratching skillz have been the best of any DJ in hip hop after I heard that song take it personal in the early 90's for it to improve would mean that he's just way above any dj now when it comes to scratching....

well, ever heard of those turntablist-crews or DMC/ITF Championships? This is where you can heare the BEST scratching, but Premier 'still dope...

HaZwaiOh

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i like premo´s style when it comes to scratching, but as barock said there are guys that are pure amazing! need to check them out. haven´t heard the gangstarr album yet, so i can´t judge it yet, but i will pretty soon.

oh and this time i´ll try to get several copies of the instrumental version and make some cash on ebay in a couple of years ;-) wise investment!!!!

C

Copenhagen

Too bad my instrumental LP's ain't in mint condition then...I wonder if there's any money in white label, whole instrumental LP's like 'Only Built for Cuban Linx' and stuff like that...anybody know...?

O

OneNineBlock

i copped tha new gangstarr album, i feel it hella tha only flaw in it is that Sabatoge, And Good Girl Wrng Place have basically the same beat....i felt gurus lyricism on this album more than any other gangstarr album....premo came corect on tha beats, but coulda came harder if u ask me, it isnt his best production thats for shure, but yah i am feeling the scratchiung as well alot....i was hoping militia 3 was going to be ill as tha first one but it wasnt....best cut on the cd i would have to say Put Up Or Shut Up....Hell No No Way, So Take Me Away / Like Tom Hanks I Make Long Bank And Cast You Away....FILTHY lyricism also was feelint ha line.....I Handle biz, i cancel kids / just like allen ill show you whut the answer is....

ya i give this album 4 out of 5 but it is deff my fav album of tha eyar yet...peace

members online