Just can't give up MPC because of Maschine

2infamouz

Mad Beats, No Angry Vegetables
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
Tight video. That whistle/pan flute thing is fire. I really haven't found a place for Maschine in my workflow. It mostly just gets used to come up w/ concepts then I go into a diff DAW to work out the track

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Maschine is absolutely game-changing. But if the MPC still fits into your workflow, then go for it. Either way, they're both great pieces of gear.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
different workflows give different outcomes, with the mpc you have put down more effort and that why some people still care for the mpc.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Hmm, in a way i dont consider it a slower workflow, i have the 2kxl in thru mode between outboard and logic and i could control everything midi with just the mpc dial, simple, fast and intuitive.

The effort part is making libraries in advance, disregarding the itb approach, the only difference there is when the track is done its need to print into logic.

People like chopshop, its not so hard to figure out why and thats why machine is so popular.
Yet all the phrase sampling i do is done by hand. Always done it that way and i'd say that 95% of the time its done when im not making a track.

If i want to chopshop whilst or starting a new project then i'd use flex mode in logic or fl slicer something, works just as fast imo.

On occasion ill fire up recycle to cut up a drumloop fast, rex format for daw or import the files + midi to mpceditor.

All in all, you barely spend a lot of time doing any of these steps in your workflow.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
oh totally, as a sequencer the MPC2kxl is fast as shit, its AWESOME in fact. But to chop samples on? Just stab me in the eye and get it over with!

yeah as with pretty much all hardware samplers except sp and akai s612, i hardly ever chop on the mpc and there are better a/d's then the mpc2kxl. Plenty of reasons not to chop on the mpc hehe

members online