just curious........

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
i just finished listening to jay-z's black album,and i was wondering if anyone else thinks artists do way to many collaborations now a days.oh how i long for the good ol days when a rapper could carry almost a whole album by themselves,with the execption of a song or two,i mean everybody is featuring everybody nowadays,it's hard to figure out who the tracks belong to now,oh well

H

Hypnotik

jay is the fucking truth!!!..

He has never fel off fuck what people say.. jay is the illest..

peace

E

Equality 7-2521

no I dont think artists are collaborating too much these days. How can you expect artists to refrain from collaborating with others who share the same platform for expression?

I find that collaborations are good for discovering artists which are similar to the ones you like. For example, Project Blowed albums always have around 3 or 4 MCs on a track. When I got my Project Blowed album, I discovered so many new artist which I like. I wouldnt have discovered these artists if I had just bought the solo album of onne of the MCs on it.

I also think collabos are good for giving diversity to a track. Most tracks I listen to have a subject/topic. I find it interesting to hear an MC spit his lyrics and then hear a featured MC compliment it with his own personal twist.

We are all in this together. We are a team. Collaborating is dope.

PS. Jay Z is a toy cunt.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Yes, way too many collabo's. Every time someone comes out with a new album they say, "well I got this guy on my album, oh and this guy too, he hot, and she can spit so I got her too" and plus they have a million producers doing songs for their album also. Sure, it's nice to discover artists you've never even heard of before but if I want to hear a certain artist's CD, I want to hear just them. Just my opinion.

Oh, and I love this line too, "I got a little something for everyone on here".

highlite80

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
as for the album it was alright,got a few good tracks,one with missy called back in the day,one with snoop called lollipop,and another one with memphis bleek produced by jus blaze,called everythings a go,those are probably the best ones on the album(not the only good ones though).this album is way better than his last two.

@messanger i have to agree with you on the fact that it shows new talent,but i'm talking more about how all the ones that have already made a name for themselves,like jay-z feat.ludacris feat. snoop dogg feat. eminem feat.dmx feat.puff daddy feat.nelly feat.50 cent,with guest apperances by neptunes,missy elliot,nate dogg,lil john and the eastside boys and joe budden,but like i said you definately have a point about no names getting exposure

Cold Truth

IllMuzik Moderator
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
heres the thing; an artist cant hold his own for 12 tracks? just him and his mic? its cool, to have 1 or 2 guest spots, but albums are just glorified compilations these days.

themucka

"The man behind the Hits"
ill o.g.
I AGREE WITH TRUTH TOLD...

u don't know haw many mc... i meet that can't do a whole song....
it;s either the hook... or the 3rd vrs... lol...

and thee big guys are the same way.... so it's faster.. alot less stressfull than doing it themselves...and your gauranteed a bigger audioence... when you collab...

i personaly feel... it mainly there 4 rec sales... companies will do anything make more money..

Tim D

Bitchn' Bout IRS
ill o.g.
Yea def, who the fuck did u get the Black Album already? Are you sure it's not like a new mixtape? Cause I heard he was gonna do the album without and guest appearnces.

B

BeatOff

I'm also wondering how you got the black album he changed alot on it no more of the 12 producer 12 song thing he started with originally.

J-UK

Um........
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I think those songs back in the day and lollipop are old and I thought that the album had been delayed?

C

Copenhagen

Back in the day with Missy is a song on Missy's album...are you sure it's the black album, wasn't it suppose to drop much later this year.

E

Equality 7-2521

havning a cat on your song doesnt make it any less yours. the person whos name is on the album would have been the one who layed down the concept for the featurefd artists to pick up on

truth told... just cos an artist has a shit load of cats on his album, it doesnt mean he cant hold his own for a whole album

D

Dj Dezerk

i know right its seems like the album ain t nothing it has featured guest .
thats why i kie the new band album

J

JadeFoxx

Well, i havent had a chance to peep out the Black Album yet so i cant really say anything about that... But i do kinda agree wit Truth, it seems like every album has more of other artists than the artist who's album it is... it dont necessarily mean the artist cant hold their own, but at the same time if i buy ur album i wanna hear u, not this person, that person, and they daddy..... 1 or 2 collabo's is cool, but i dont understand the whole every-song-is-a-collab thang... :confused:

Guevara

BETTER THAN YESTERDAY
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 34
THERES SUPPOSED TO BE A COLLAB WIT NAS (i PLAYS NO GAMES PEOPLE) BUT IT MORE THAN LIKELY WONT BE ON THE ALBUM

fame_keyz

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i think the calobos have drop down in the past few years....i was thinking about that myself but its not what it was i think artist are really getting back to there own with doing there albums...but you also got to look at the respect fact part of it and the business part of it too.....now days there is some much politics that go into putting together a album.

voorheezMP

M.ilitia P.roductions
ill o.g.
Jay-z is old newz, washed up, done! And yes to many collabos. Tha only same viewz these artist have is money. Some collabz are long await, but not much a bunch of bullsh*t (not just J). He show his azz, wit "No Premo trackz". Won't be buyin' that album. How you not gonna have a premo track. Jay should have stop after tha "Blue Print". Tha blue print 2.... Azz!! Only 2 songz on that whole CD. "All Around tha World" & "Some How Some Way" Scarface stole dat........lol let me stop hatin' B4 he wants to cop a track from......lol it's all love jay-z...

members online