Just cut a deal with a fairly major Emcee, need your advice.

Medl4

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 69
Dude, just tell us who it is, If you Paid him money to be on your shit & it sucked, you have every right to put him on blast. Also so I know not to work with dude if ever given the chance!

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
But this cat isn't whack, actually he's pretty dope, just not really recognized like he should/could be. Blame that on his management I guess. You guys have called out some big names, most are bigger than what he is imo. I seriously doubt that he would be in any of you guys top 30 BUT, like already said... he's in the majors just highly under-rated. After dp releases it, go check his work and you'll see that this dude has skillz on a mic. He just f*&^%$#p on this one. =)

Given the chance, I'd guess that anyone here would work with him in a heartbeat. I would, even after hearing some of his garbage.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
ok, well here you go. Take a listen. This is of course not mixed or anything. i also understand that this beat is a tough one but this guy should be able to handle it. As you can hear there are moments of brilliance. I am also not going to name names, but if you like underground hip-hop you should hear who it is.

I will let you be the judge, what do you guys think?

PS, share this with NO ONE and keep it to yourself!

http://soundcloud.com/drunk-pedestrians/lettin-go-v1

Second PS, I am deleting this track in a hurry! So listen quick.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
Battle Points: 11
Sorry.
That shit was dope.
He opened up and gave you some other shit...
Bonus track if you want a different performance
Lemmego play this shit some more
The beat is dope, and it charges, thats prolly why he hit it like that
Shit was explosive... Lemme go play it some more...
Hol up...
Lettin go vol 1 right?

Killed it.

Still listenin

Still like it
A little slurring but idk, I think emcees get it..
Me pointing out that slight slurring is being really harsh.
If it was my project it woulda been no issues...

LP*

ILLIEN
I listened to it a couple times, I was expecting much worse lol...Ive heard better but also heard worse. There were a couple places in the track that I thought he did good, other places it was sub par... but regardless it's your project and if your not happy with the performance you should try to get him to do something else. But like odbarq said if you get another joint have this be like a bonus track maybe lol...

drex

superpimp trillionaire
I do.
But I have odd tastes.
Dr octagon remains one of my favorite albums of all time
if DOOM called an said come otour with me, I would leave my wife
I dont see a problem with ofwgkta but I dont see the big deal either
And I almost liked one, black eyed peas song. One.
So clearly I'm deranged, but I thought the track was hot.
He was spittin.

drex

superpimp trillionaire
I meant bonus track like you're lucky to have this extra song thanks for pre ordering
Not like bonus track cause it wasnt really bad enough to delete...
Big difference
And I think the shit was hard as hell
Of course control your project and take my advice with a grain of salt.
My biggest project was on a vs 840 with sharpied CDRs, and a kinkos insert...
I'm just rugged like that tho
So it depends on what you want to do.

LP*

ILLIEN
I meant bonus track like you're lucky to have this extra song thanks for pre ordering
Not like bonus track cause it wasnt really bad enough to delete...
Big difference
And I think the shit was hard as hell
Of course control your project and take my advice with a grain of salt.
My biggest project was on a vs 840 with sharpied CDRs, and a kinkos insert...
I'm just rugged like that tho
So it depends on what you want to do.

ooops sorry man, didnt mean to twist your words, my bad.
I liked it personally, however Iv heard better from dude, so I could understand how Dp could have expected more.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44
Dope flow, sloppy execution and some distortion. Underwhelming, you can hear the talent, but this def isnt a good look

Edit: Even some words arent finished near the end, DP, homie, ask for your money's worth.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Dope flow, sloppy execution and some distortion. Underwhelming, you can hear the talent, but this def isnt a good look

Edit: Even some words arent finished near the end, DP, homie, ask for your money's worth.

My thoughts exactly....

You're just paying for the name at this point... I think it was executed poorly... Sounds like he woke up...went into the booth, did it in one take then bounced it...

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
It's clear to me that dude was 'somewhat' familiar with his verses. Like DOX and Sucio said "sloppy execution". It almost sounds like he's reading his verse and lacks the confidence of a MC spitting it with authority. This will translate over to the finished project. It can be salvaged with some work but you just don't go about it that way. One mistake = retake...period!

EDIT: Nobody knows who the MC is? lol!

wrightboy

Formally Finnigan
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 7
It almost sounds like he's reading his verse and lacks the confidence of a MC spitting it with authority. This will translate over to the finished project. It can be salvaged with some work but you just don't go about it that way. One mistake = retake...period!

i scrapped a whole mixtape because of this.

yeah, you can tell he has it, but like everyone else said, the execution is what sucks. sounds like he was in a rush to just get it done to fill an obligation.

members online