Just got a 4000 and need some serious help.

James Two

Hi everyone. I just picked up a 4000 from a friend. I normally make all my beats in Ableton but he was getting rid of it for $700 so I really couldn't let it go. I've never used a MPC before so the 4000 is like a total different language to me right now. I've read alot of the manual but its seriously difficult to teach yourself that way. For me at least. I'm more of a watch and learn type. I've searched all over for tutorials, books, videos all that but really there aren't too many for the 4000. Does anyone have any advice for me? I thought about getting a different MPC just to learn the basics of the MPC workflow and then transfer all that over the 4000. Is there a certain MPC that would be the best for me to do that with? I wish there was some kind of online school or private tutor for the MPC. Anyone wanna teach me? If anyone has some good advice I'm all ears.

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
nice purchase there, its the only z engine powered mpc they made, the thing knocks like an sp. I've never dabbled with the 4k but the manual is your best friend here, i assume its not that much different from the other mpc's eventhough its a bit more fullblown. So i suggest to give yourself some time going through babysteps, trial and error :)

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
I agree, take your time with the manual...dig deep into it and you will learn other things along the way. It's pretty straight forward...just like Formant said..."trail and error".

Yo Whatup! Welcome 4000 club lol, now good luck. No seriously this thing is a beast but so far pretty worth it, I started on my 1000 and still have it with jjos and its pretty awesome, the firmware is better then the hardware and even beats out the 4000 on a few features. Ill hit you with a few pointers I missed, actually couldn't use a couple programs because of them from chopping mine or using others and that was the polyphony setting under misc, but let me know what questions and I'll tell you what I can, good luck and good times dude.