Just met Game from G-Unit...

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
I was at a record pool meeting yesterday with Game from G-unit. He was real cool. i got there like an hour or 2 late, but by the time i got there, he was playing Madden 2005 on Playstation 2 spankin DJ Outlaw's ass! but after that, he did a few drops for the dj's at the various radio stations and left to go to the fight. (i'm in vegas, btw so u know what fight that was). i did get an autographed picture before he left, tho so u know i'ma be showin it off at school tomorow :D. He's droppin a new single. i can't remember the name, but i do know that its produced by dr. dre. i got there too late to hear it, tho. i'm gonna be gettin it on vinyl, pretty soon.

i just thought i'd share that with u guys. i didnt really get a chance to show any of my beats although i did want to but then again there will be plenty oppurtunities to do so since there will more meetings like this one in the future.

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
thats really kewl man!!!! weirdly enough i was at a urban music seminar in london over the weekend and got to see peeps like memphis bleek, young gunz and damon dash. i didnt take no demos with me, this event happens every year so i thought id first find out what it was all about.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Das kool @ Cam'rox .... You on the radio in vegas ? ..... Yo Afrique you shoulda had a demo man. Dame seem to be pickin up afew U.k. Artist. You know he just signed SAS from Eurogang. And of course he has posh spice. .... I think a ill U.k. Producer is next ...........

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJFANTOM: The radio Dj's out here took me under their wing. i met one of them while i was workin at another radio station. he's 38 yrs. old and has been djin for 26 yrs. and he's well known among the djs out here so he introduced me to all the radio stations and their dj's and now they're all teachin me how to dj together. i'm going to all of the events and everything. it's real nice.

DJFANTOM

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Werd Cam you a Lucky dude man. Hey I was just readin in a nother thread you were sayin people don't believe you do production cause of ur age somethin like dat.... How old are you ?. ... Man I wish I had the opportunitys yall younger generation have now. (I sound all old and im only 23. Lol)

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
DJFANTOM said:
Werd Cam you a Lucky dude man. Hey I was just readin in a nother thread you were sayin people don't believe you do production cause of ur age somethin like dat.... How old are you ?. ... Man I wish I had the opportunitys yall younger generation have now. (I sound all old and im only 23. Lol)

lol. i'm 14, btw. turning 15 on halloween.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
thats kewl man !

afrique wot woz that urban music thing like ? its meant to be pretty kewl, i'll have to go down next year !
yea dame dash wants to set up sum sort of uk branch to roc-a-fella now it seems !

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 5
mad labels wanna set up uk branches now.

def jux uk is almost in action, im looking to get in on that shit.

anyway, yeah that's dope meetin game, shame you didnt have beats with ya, sounds like it was a perfect oppertunity.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Chedda said:
mad labels wanna set up uk branches now.

def jux uk is almost in action, im looking to get in on that shit.

anyway, yeah that's dope meetin game, shame you didnt have beats with ya, sounds like it was a perfect oppertunity.

yea no doubt, there seems to be a bit of a buzz around uk hip hop right now, with dizzee rascal breaking through and skinnyman getting a lot of airplay i think labels are opening up to the fact that it could be a success with the right backing !

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah man, for real, just gotta get through all the wackness to break the ice, then all the real talent will start gettin props. but skinny is tight, ill freestyler and ish, just that there is a lot better out there.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
lol yea its heading that way craig !

yea i thought skinnys album woz ok at least hes got a message, the production woz pretty fucking wack on the most part a lot of songs were like 4 bar loops the whole wa through !

Chedda

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah, i dont feel much uk production, not in the ukhh scene anyway, well not really the ones that try to go for that kinda 'jazzy' sound.

but yeah his album was cool.

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea i woz having this discussion with sum1 the other day, theres no1 in uk production the way you got timbaland, the neptunes, kanye west, just blaze or whoever ! most of the stuff sounds like its presets of dance ejay !
the two biggest artist as far as the mainstream is concerned dizzee rascal does a horrible job of producing himself, and skinnyman got a few overseas tracks iirc and a lot woz done by his A&R mans son but most of his beats were wack so........

still leaves it more open for people like us ! ; )

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
When i was over their in the UK i was feeling some of the REAL UK ish. rascal etc......

But no diresepct there was ALOT of corney shit over there . Also of dudes trying to be to american. Watch out for that shit casue if they sign a sellout it will set your whole scene back a couple of years.

Same thing happend to the south

good luck

class.....

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yea there is talent here but like you said theres a large majority of just plain corny stuff ! you think you got it bad with cam'ron lol !

Yea like you said tho no doubt they will sign the wack stuff make off with a fast buck and leave us back a few years !

sYgMa

Making head bangers!!!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 26
Hey, he got some crazy flow, man

when is he suppose to drop his LP?

StressWon

www.stress1.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 68
Cam'rox said:
I was at a record pool meeting yesterday with Game from G-unit. He was real cool. i got there like an hour or 2 late, but by the time i got there, he was playing Madden 2005 on Playstation 2 spankin DJ Outlaw's ass! but after that, he did a few drops for the dj's at the various radio stations and left to go to the fight. (i'm in vegas, btw so u know what fight that was). i did get an autographed picture before he left, tho so u know i'ma be showin it off at school tomorow :D. He's droppin a new single. i can't remember the name, but i do know that its produced by dr. dre. i got there too late to hear it, tho. i'm gonna be gettin it on vinyl, pretty soon.

i just thought i'd share that with u guys. i didnt really get a chance to show any of my beats although i did want to but then again there will be plenty oppurtunities to do so since there will more meetings like this one in the future.

Hey Cam, did you ask him, "How does it feel to be OVER-RATED?!?" lol

Ominous

OminousRed.com
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21
Vegas....

Damn....

I didn't even think to check on here to see if anyone was from Vegas. I went up there for the fight too but we didn't have tickets. My boy Damon called the fight the night before. Hopkins in the 9th. He should have put money down on that.

We ran into Vince Neil (lead singer of Motley Crew?) and Roberto Duran. The girls we rolled with saw Robert Horry and Rasheed Wallace. They also ran into some low life third string Philadelphia Eagles players in the Luxor at club RA.

That's my fat ass on the left, the ladies in the middle, and my boy Abysmal on the left.

http://www.ominousred.com/images/5.jpg

My fist cigar:
http://www.ominousred.com/images/3.jpg

This is a better pic of the ladies:
http://www.ominousred.com/images/ladies.jpg

members online