Just saw one of the most "moving" movies in a long time

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
It came out in 2001 - but i had never bothered to see it.....

Donnie Darko -2001

This movie is fucking nuts. Really grabbing imagery and amazing sound design and score. It took place in the 80s so everything was from the 80s, the clothes, attitude, music obviously....

I had to watch this movie back to back twice in a row to even grasp what was happening ultimately.

Anyways, a must see.

Im sure plenty of people have already seen this one long ago, but i had to drop a quick mention cuz this movie was extremely good and left me with a amzing feeling of seeing something that is obviously already a classic in its own right.

Oh and at the end of the flick it said to peep the website so i decided to check it out if it was still there. To my suprise it was!...lol.....The site is crazy too.....its all flash and interactive. You have to pass levels and shit to get more information about the movie....Pretty interesting idea.
www.donniedarko.com - For those of you wanna check it out. This sites gonna seem pretty wierd and pointless if you havent seen the movie though.

STEEZ

pancakebunnny

needs more fartnoise
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 25
Excellent movie... and the site is fucking swank...

I've yet to see a site designed for a movie that was HALF as entertaining and well-designed as that one.

Good eye for quality movies, Deuce.

T

The Bastard

DueceMade Ent. said:
It came out in 2001 - but i had never bothered to see it.....

Donnie Darko -2001

This movie is fucking nuts. Really grabbing imagery and amazing sound design and score. It took place in the 80s so everything was from the 80s, the clothes, attitude, music obviously....

I had to watch this movie back to back twice in a row to even grasp what was happening ultimately.

Anyways, a must see.

Im sure plenty of people have already seen this one long ago, but i had to drop a quick mention cuz this movie was extremely good and left me with a amzing feeling of seeing something that is obviously already a classic in its own right.

Oh and at the end of the flick it said to peep the website so i decided to check it out if it was still there. To my suprise it was!...lol.....The site is crazy too.....its all flash and interactive. You have to pass levels and shit to get more information about the movie....Pretty interesting idea.
www.donniedarko.com - For those of you wanna check it out. This sites gonna seem pretty wierd and pointless if you havent seen the movie though.

STEEZ
yo weirdest shit i was watchin that movie before,and on dogs i got so bored i fell asleep. im a big movie buff and a video student too, it gets mad raves from lovers of indie films everywhere, i think i need to watch this again or sum shit.

SuPa'PrOduZa

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Intrigued...

Hmmm, deuce you got me curious over here. I never seen that movie. I think i'll run over to blockbuster and pick that up on my rounds later on today.

I checked out the site. It was ill. Even the soundesign on there @ 8 bit sounded hot. I'll try to peep this very soon and give you my opinion. Good looks...

Supa

C

Carpe Diem

I picked this up on DVD for a fiver earlier this month, but havnt actually sat down to watch it! It looks quality, but it has been mentioned that it takes 2-3 views to understand the film!!!

Anyone seen Butterfly Effect?!? Supposed to be fairly similar... If its on that level then its gonna be awesome!!!

Carpe

K.C

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
BASTARD said:
yo weirdest shit i was watchin that movie before,and on dogs i got so bored i fell asleep. im a big movie buff and a video student too, it gets mad raves from lovers of indie films everywhere, i think i need to watch this again or sum shit.

Your not wrong BASTARD the movie was boring, I though it was too try-hard, I was told by so many people to see this film, only to put it on and turn it off walking away with nothing, if you want moving, see these

Happiness (A MUST see)
Storytelling (Funny, GREAT script and acting)
Mulholland Drive (You will NEVER get what this movie is about)
Ken Park ( this movie is banned here in Australia )
Caligola (BAD film, but worth see for impact sake)
Bad Boy Bubby

berserk

Monster Music
ill o.g.
it's a dope film... definate top ten...

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
i passed all the levels like a true nerd....Basically this movie just has to be watched to really grasp all the consepts being thrown at u.....Its actually kinda hard to put into words. It has to do with a schizofrenic kid that happens to be the living reciever to a tangent universe.....Shits pretty out there. It kinda polks a bit at religion as well as life in general, and has a very dark, but at the the same time uplifting quality. All i gotta say is dude plays the part too well!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
it's daft...like the first 20 minutes of the movie there's zombies in the background and nobody notices them...the end scene is pretty funny too.

T

The Bastard

DueceMade Ent. said:
KC - Honestly tho, thats what makes it a dope film....Its one a those flicks where u fill in the blanks...Its def a thinker.
i hear that def seemed liek one ofthose movies, i dunno i guess im not really down with those movies. i like expanding my mind and being in mystery and having to wait till the end to find out whut happens n shit in a well thought out plot. but movies like momento where u have to pretty much take mental notes of every scene in the whole movie to understand it i dont find that enjoyable, kinda frustrates me

C

Carpe Diem

Donnie Darko.......

Sup, any of y'all seen the movie Donnie Darko.... Watched it last night, man this film is bananas!!! Same sorta concept as The Butterfly Effect, not pulled off as good (low budget etc...) but still a good film.... Aint really too complicated, heard lotta guys say it was so at the end i was like, wwwwwwwoooooooooaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh, but when u think about it its pretty straightforward.... Recommend this to any indie film peep....

members online