justin roelofs is the only one pushing the envelope at the moment

• beat this! voting starts in...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
"To manipulate sound vibrations in specific ways, especially with the voice, can cause a torrent of positive energy to be released to the world. It brings peace and harmony, and a connection to now and everything. The inherent obligation of the artist, I believe, is the transmission of pure energy. That’s what matters. That’s what I’m trying to achieve." - justin roelofs

he started out playing in a pop rock band until he had a life changing experience in south america due to some psychedelic brew. he then broke through all the conditioning he underwent living in the suburbs as a child.

his debut solo album is under the moniker White Flight. i'm not sure why he choose this name because of its original meaning. but i think he is giving it new meaning by his actions. he fled the suburbs to return to the ancient ways of living. he returned to the neighborhood that he was conditioned by to record his album and do his best to heal the community before wandering around the world again.

i believe this album could inspire musicians of all kinds, especially producers. this dude knows no boundaries. bassically he jams on all sorts of instruments and experiments with sound vibrations using his voice. there are so many crazy ambient things going on that even though the songs are short and poppy, they never sound the same twice.

there is no way to put a label on this music. you just have to hear for yourself. it'll take you to places in your mind that you never knew existed

you can hear clips of every song here:
http://rangeliferecords.com/listen/listen_WF_06.html

Hi-Lo

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
personally i thought popozao was pushing the envelope, that shi* changed modern music. keven federline broke down his walls and knows no musical boundaries.

i dunno this ain't really my thing man, but if u like it i can see the creativity in it.

Relic

Voice of Illmuzik Radio
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 83
He's definately all over the place , but you no those jungle potions are no joke , that shit aint no weekend drug, especially when your IN the jungle.You gotta be serious to take that shit then be serious about whatever is shown to you..(like Id fuckin know lol).
Ill listen to pretty much anything at least once for as long as is tolerable.
I hear alot of different influences here.
Even though I like hippie music, it usually has to be FROM the 60's as Im not keen on wanna be's .Im not gonna be a fan of this guy, I dont even like the way they mixed this stuff.
#3 and #4 and #11 on the top link was as close as I got to liking it.He's original thats for sure.
Hes sorta looks like Elementree! lol
Where the hell IS elementree anyway?
But Im gonna have to pass on dude best of luck to him though..

members online