Kanye Blame Game Visuals (Fuckin Amazing)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
I need a doctor!!!

Formant024

Digital Smokerings
ill o.g.
Even in this video Kanye introduced an echo with pitch changes, we'll see how long it takes for that to become annoying as well.

We have this dutch saying; even if a monkey wears a nice ring, it is and remains an ugly thing.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
You guys are all producers. Y'all do know that wasn't auto tune in the beginning. Who can tell me what effect it was? LMAO

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
It's both! Call it R&Hop or Hip&B lol... The genres have emerged nowadays, just check the mainstream charts. I know what you're getting at though, back when R&B and hip-hop were two separate genres, straight R&B didn't have a featured rapper.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
You must be going pretty far back to say that, Dac....

Just a few right away...

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Thank you Suc. Are Yall ignoring the visuals? Does the music ruin the collective experience?

dacalion

Hands Of FIRE!
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 259
Yeah, I go waaaay back...lol. At one time hip hop surpassed R&B on the charts, then all the R&B artists wanted rappers on their tracks which sparked that whole hip hop/r&b thing. Even the labels were promoting it.

Ferret

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
I dont really like Kayne West as a person, but I love his music, and I bet he likes that I think that way.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
lol admittance is the 1st step 2good! But the thread was more about the music with the visuals. I havent liked Kanye since the college dropout/graduation days but this video made his new must make sense.

Precog

I Phantom
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 10
you know at the start he just took a section of someone elses song, which is only a few years old, bon iver - woods, which is about when he was actually up in the woods making it, so i cant see how its relevant at all to kanyes shit. i love sampling but thats just stealing really, and by the way bon iver uses autotune pretty creatively in a cool way to make his own sound, check it out..

kind of put me off the video after that, suppose its aight

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
@Precog and gang

Yo this is getting out of hand now. There are no rules for sampling Son. I might Sample a Drunken Pedestrian song the Dreamy PO Made last week lol. If its dope flip it and add on to the cipher of hip hop. Only Difference is that Kanye has the money and backing to blatantly sample something fairly new and just pay off the owners of the material. Its weird that you call Kanyes sampling stealing lol thats whats sampling is. If you really listen to hip hop you will know that most beats that were sampled were loops from the original that served as hooks to the most memorable songs in hip hop. Hip Hop producers even used records with a slight eq and raped over whole songs back in the early days of hip hop. Yo most of the drums are just breaks (Loops) from old funk records layered on top of Samples from otherold funk records. I dare you to call out Pete Rock, Premo, Dre, 9th, and Dilla Stealing. Do some research and look up and listen to the original songs that most of these beats were sampled from. If you dont like Kanye dont like him. At the end of the day he is another Artist just like we are. He is Def one of the best beat makers in the main stream as well as a dope rapper. Yea he fux with the auto tune but he knew what he was doing. He did an whole album in auto tune and introduced that to the game and then switched his style up a lil bit. IMO Kanye didn't kill hip hop with auto tune. He did it with with as much artistry as Bon Iver <- Paying Homage. T-Pain Lil Wayne and every other artist that over did it just because it was hot at the time they killed it. Thats what Jay Z was referring to in D.O.A (Death Of Autotune) It wasn't targeted at Kanye. If you listen to Jazz the same thing happens all the time.